April 25, 2024, 09:36:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sync Out disables when synced to DAW via USB  (Read 1673 times)

ancaja123

• Apprentice
Sync Out disables when synced to DAW via USB
« on: June 17, 2020, 03:11:19 am »
I thought I never had this issue before the firmware update, but the firmware update did make syncing to hardware via midi and cv/gate much better.  But now when I use my DAW, I turn Sync In to Auto and the KSP triggers fine.  But all my different sequencers, drum machines that were sync'd to the KSP don't play.  If I stop my DAW since it's in Auto mode, and then press play on the KSP, all my hardware is running.  So I'm not sure why it seems to not send sync thru the Midi outs when slaved to a DAW but sends it out when running standalone.

koenig_h

• Apprentice
Re: Sync Out disables when synced to DAW via USB
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 09:38:06 am »
I've came across the same issue yesterday: The tempo does not pass through from USB IN to the MIDI OUT's... I had as well the impression, that it worked before the FW-Update

al80

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 02:33:27 pm »
Same here.i was used to send usb midi clock from ableton to my ksp and then all my other gear was   midi clocked from ksp.
it does not working now.big mess but at least it is working with the midi din connection
so  arturia do we have to change our setup every time you  release a new update?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 03:26:33 pm by al80 »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 03:11:26 pm »
Hi all.  The since the new update midi clock is no longer sent via usb if the ksp is receiving clock via usb.  To stop issues with loops   But I will check midi din out  as this should work
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

al80

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 03:25:56 pm »
Hi all.  The since the new update midi clock is no longer sent via usb if the ksp is receiving clock via usb.  To stop issues with loops   But I will check midi din out  as this should work
hi.it is working  with the midi din connection i can confirm that!

koenig_h

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 09:50:08 am »

Do you mean by this:
a) when you receive MIDI clock via the DIN IN it will get passed through to the DIN OUTs of KSP? or
b) when you receive MIDI clock via USB IN it will get passed through the DIN OUTs of KSP?

I haven't checked a), since this is not my use case, but b) doesn't work anymore since the last FW update.

al80

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »

Do you mean by this:
a) when you receive MIDI clock via the DIN IN it will get passed through to the DIN OUTs of KSP? or
b) when you receive MIDI clock via USB IN it will get passed through the DIN OUTs of KSP?

I haven't checked a), since this is not my use case, but b) doesn't work anymore since the last FW update.
it will receive clock from din input and will pass the clock through din out

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 06:03:26 pm »
Hi All
I just checked DIN out and if you have KSP as slave midi clock is no longer sent to the din out.  Clock out still works
I will ask the team if this was intensional or not as there is no reason to remove it from DIN out which is required.

Thanks
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 09:36:11 pm »
This is something that definitely should be fixed. I can understand having midi clock not be passed back through USB, if coming from USB, to avoid loops, but it should still reliably be passed through the din outputs, as they are separate from the USB and if clock out still works as expected, DIN should to.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines