March 28, 2024, 03:34:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity Out via CV?  (Read 2619 times)

Ckafoweeth

Velocity Out via CV?
« on: June 17, 2020, 02:26:18 am »
I just got one of these, and I was hoping to use it to send velocity information via CV to a Behringer Model D. Its starting to look like the CV out is set to only send pitch information? Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Velocity Out via CV?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:39:05 pm »
Usually, synth playing through CV comes in pairs or Pitch and Gate. Some of the others (BeatStep Pro, KeyStep, KeyStep Pro) also have a 3rd CV out for velocity/modulation.

The BeatStep only has the (Pitch) CV/Gate pair.

Of course, as you know, you can use that CV to control any CV input but knowing that the BeatStep is sending it as Note quantized CV

And as you can see, by running the MIDI Control Center while having the BeatStep connected, in the Project tab, there's no settings to change the use of the Pitch CV output.

Jaskolski

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 06:59:43 am »
Usually, synth playing through CV comes in pairs or Pitch and Gate. Some of the others (BeatStep Pro, KeyStep, KeyStep Pro) also have a 3rd CV out for velocity/modulation.

Of course, as you know, you can use that CV to control any CV input but knowing that the BeatStep is sending it as Note quantized CV

And as you can see, by running the MIDI Control Center while having the BeatStep connected, in the Project tab, there's no settings to change the use of the Pitch CV output.

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more   

Official Site

myaarpmedicare

• mybpcreditcard
    • mybpcreditcard
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 06:44:28 am »

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more   

mybpcreditcard
mybpcreditcard

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines