March 28, 2024, 08:54:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drumbrute Impact sound to Ableton Live  (Read 5661 times)

charona

• Apprentice
Drumbrute Impact sound to Ableton Live
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »
Is there any way to get the Drumbrute Impact sound to output its sound through the computer?
I tried using USB and didn't work using Ableton Live. Same with a Roland UM-1 mk2 midi interface.

Are there any instructions on this?

marcel-x

• Apprentice
Re: Drumbrute Impact sound to Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:30:45 am »
Correct me if I am wrong, but the USB can only send/receive midi and the settings in the MCC. It has no build-in audio interface.
To record the drum sounds you need an audio interface.
You can also assign a drum plugin to the midi notes.

charona

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 06:58:06 pm »
Sorry, I need to clarify, that I'm using Ableton Live light version. It seems like doesn't support the USB connection, since there is no "External instrument" option listed within the Instruments. Or is there any trick for this?

charona

• Apprentice
Re: Drumbrute Impact sound to Ableton Live Lite
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:27:22 pm »
What I want is to record exactly the same sound of the DRUMBRUTE IMPACT pattern into Ableton Live Lite.

I bought the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD USB Audio/MIDI interface.

So this is my setup:

- DRUMBRUTE IMPACT midi out connected to Audio/MIDI interface midi in.
- Audio/MIDI connected to computer with USB.

I get the MIDI notes recorded to an Ableton Live Lite MIDI track, and I see the yellow bars blinking, but there is no sound in the recorded MIDI track.
How can I get the drum sounds as in the drumbrute to Ableton? Is it possible or I always have to use Ableton drum instruments to translate the sound into it?

charona

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 05:13:32 pm »
Marcel, what I mean is that I'm basically getting with the Audio interface the same result as using the USB cable. Just notes, but not sound recorded.
I would like to achieve that, being able to play what I recorded from the Drumbrute Impact without using any drum plugins or Ableton instruments.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the USB can only send/receive midi and the settings in the MCC. It has no build-in audio interface.
To record the drum sounds you need an audio interface.
You can also assign a drum plugin to the midi notes.

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 10:42:02 am »
Hey Charona, did you also connect one or more audio outputs from the DBI to the input(s) of the UMC404HD?
This way you should be able to arm tracks and record both midi as audio signals into Live.

The UMC is a very capable device and there is no need to use the USB other than for the MMC.

I guess you have some audio monitors (or headphones) connected to the UMC. With the Mix knob you can listen to a mix of the direct sound of the DBI and the recorded and/or effects processed sound from Live.
It depends on the speed of your computer (and background tasks), how much latency there is between the input and output signal.

When you connect the midi-out from the UMC to the midi-in of the DBI, you can have Live playback the midi notes on the DBI. To prevent double ghost notes, you need to turn “local off” as explained in the manual (9.10.2.15. Local Control).

I hope my explanation makes sense. Please let me know if you can record the way you want.
For I know audio and midi routing can get confusing to setup.

[edit: add USB and latency remark]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:58:09 am by marcel-x »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines