March 29, 2024, 12:34:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Another interesting sequencer problem  (Read 2950 times)

Ashley X

• Apprentice
Another interesting sequencer problem
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:52:54 pm »
Just thought I'd see if anyone else has this issue while I wait for tech support...

The sequencer doesn't appear to work via external MIDI (have tried a keyboard on the MIDI in and a computer on the USB). It triggers fine from the onboard keyboard, and the arpeggiator seems to play from any source. The sequencer just gives me one tiny blip-like note at each moment of 'note on' but doesn't actually play it's sequence. This problem is when the sync source is set to clock or MIDI... if I remember correctly when set to INT the sequence will actually play, but it's not synced to anything, so that doesn't help :D

Anyone else encountered this? I've upgraded to latest firmware and done a hard reset.

Ashley X

• Apprentice
Re: Another interesting sequencer problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 01:47:18 pm »
According to the tech guys - triggering the sequencer from external MIDI simply does not work unless the clock is set to INT (something to be addressed hopefully in a future firmware update)...

I'd still like to know from other MB2 users if this is definitely ALWAYS the case. It just seems bizarre to me when the arp works so well this way.

...and it seems odd that I'm the only person who seems to have noticed this!

psienide

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 02:56:05 am »
MB2S user here but I have similar issues. Attempting to live play-record a sequence with a midi keyboard is near impossible. The MB2 would benefit from a step-recorder based approach where the step only advances after the note is pressed.

Sadly, Arturia has all but abandoned this product, so don't hold your breath for a firmware update for this or the myriad other issues.

Ashley X

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 01:56:29 pm »
I'm not even trying to record a sequence, just trigger it.

Can you trigger a sequence from a MIDI keyboard (with the clock set to anything but INT?)

psienide

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 11:22:42 pm »
I actually can trigger play on any loaded sequence on my MB2S with my midi keyboard (I use a roland FA-08) and set to midi.
AFAIK, if you send a clock signal over midi with the MIDI sync set, it should advance with clock after hitting play.

psienide

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 11:28:08 pm »
That's actually probably what you're missing. A lot of MIDI controllers don't send a clock/sync signal, and I think the MB2 is expecting one to advance the sequence.

Ashley X

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »
I actually can trigger play on any loaded sequence on my MB2S with my midi keyboard (I use a roland FA-08) and set to midi.
AFAIK, if you send a clock signal over midi with the MIDI sync set, it should advance with clock after hitting play.

Interesting! But this is a MB2 (no S) and the tech support people are telling me that it's not even a feature of the MB2, which just seems odd.
I'm definitely receiving MIDI clock, too - and get the same problem even if I use CV.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines