April 26, 2024, 12:56:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Separate play button from Daw and Beatstep  (Read 986 times)

simonoto

Separate play button from Daw and Beatstep
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:03:59 pm »
Hey all! I have been working with the beatstep for a number of years, and have never been able to troubleshoot this issue, as simple as it may seem.

Basically, I would like to use Beatstep Pro with Maschine, as USB for it's sequencing abilities. That works great

My issue is that the play button on my Maschine's transport also triggers the play button on the beatstep

is this because of a CC message issue?

I have tried setting the transport controls to different channels within beatstep to no avail :(

It's hard to find anything online about this issue, I suspect my google fu is failing me, but have tried many hours over many years to troubleshoot this issue to no avail.

Hope you all can help me out!

mrmugabi

• Apprentice
Re: Separate play button from Daw and Beatstep
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 04:21:36 am »
does this happen when the BSP is in USB and MIDI sync mode, or just USB?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Separate play button from Daw and Beatstep
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:06:07 am »
It is the usual thing for MIDI sequencers to send transport messages, known as Real Time Messages.  These are independent of any channel and usually can not be turned off or ignored without a MIDI filter.  Check to see if the Maschine can turn off its transmission of the transport messages.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines