April 20, 2024, 03:54:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep Pro development roadmap  (Read 1335 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Keystep Pro development roadmap
« on: June 12, 2020, 09:38:47 pm »
As far as I can tell there is no roadmap for features and bug fixes posted for the Keystep Pro.  Please create one.

An example why this is needed:

The Keystep Pro currently has an inflexible drum map approach which greatly limits what hardware can be used with it in a standalone configuration.  If a sound source does not natively support remapping note ranges and its ranges conflict with anything else in your setup, you cannot use it with the Keystep Pro drum sequencer because you cannot choose MIDI channel per drum.   Without knowing If the roadmap includes allowing note and MIDI channel for each drum in the map we cannot make informed purchasing decisions.

franky47

Re: Keystep Pro development roadmap
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 09:33:17 pm »
+1 on allowing a custom MIDI channel per Drum part, like it's done in the BeatStep Pro.

This would allow using all 24 Drum parts by assigning them to multiple drums machines (hardware or software).

My use case is that I have a Volca Beats and a Volca Sample (10 parts each), which would map nicely to a custom drum map, with four parts to spare (to be assigned to a Software drum like Spark for example). Also this would help with the Volca Sample's peculiar MIDI implementation (one channel per part).

johndoe

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 02:20:05 am »
As far as I can tell there is no roadmap for features and bug fixes posted for the Keystep Pro.  Please create one.

An example why this is needed:

The Keystep Pro currently has an inflexible drum map approach which greatly limits what hardware can be used with it in a standalone configuration.  If a sound source does not natively support remapping note ranges and its ranges conflict with anything else in your setup, you cannot use it with the Keystep Pro drum sequencer because you cannot choose MIDI channel per drum.   Without knowing If the roadmap includes allowing note and MIDI channel for each drum in the map we cannot make informed purchasing decisions.

Absolutely required!!! +1

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 07:08:54 am »
As an owner and user of a Volca Sample, I also would find this very useful.
This space left intentionally blank.

winddealer

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 02:48:29 am »
Synthcreep, you are knocking it out of the park!   Kudos to you and your efforts. Gratefully.
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines