April 25, 2024, 08:08:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Frequent hangs - faulty unit, setup problem or firmware bug?  (Read 1196 times)

bigblip

• Apprentice
I realise I am not alone in experiencing problems with the KSP but I'm unclear as to what point I should consider that my problems are because of bugs/omissions in the firmware, something specific to my setup or something physically wrong with the unit. Having waited a month for delivery from Andertons, I'm reluctant to send this one back after just 48 hours!

So, my main problem is that my KSP frequently hangs, sometimetimes after just a few minutes of use. Just now, for instance, I put together a little test (in Studio One) with three instances of Analog Lab playing different patches (one sequence and two arps) and one instance of Battery on track one, set to drums on Channel 10. All worked fine for five minutes, but when I went to change the tempo on the KSP (while the song was playing) it just hung - still transmitting the notes at the point it froze. Studio One remained responsive, just the KSP froze - and it required a hard reboot to get it working again.

Does this sound like a firmware problem (latest build installed), a setup problem dpecific to me (midi over USB, Windows 10, Studio One v4, latest build, KSP set as master) or a physical hardware problem requiring a return?

I wonder if someone else might try and reproduce the problem using just software synths, setting up one beat and a mixture of seqs and arps on tracks 2, 3 and 4, then changing the tempo while the song is playing. That way, if it's reproducable, I can at least be more comfortable that I haven't bought a faulty unit.

So far, this device, which is fantastic on paper and just what I have been waiting for, has been a source of great frustration. I haven't even started to hook up hardware synths yet! I so want it to work the way the promo videos suggest it should. I don't have this problem with my BSP or other controllers.

johndoe

Re: Frequent hangs - faulty unit, setup problem or firmware bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 11:53:24 am »
+1

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:28:17 am »
Hello bigblip.

Sorry to read that.

If you can contact the support team, with a precise description of your setup and configuration, this can help nailing this issue.
To me it looks like a freeze of the UI, which is probably drivers / firmware related.

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

We are finalising a firmware update that improves the KSP stability and fixes a great amount of bugs.
Maybe this version actually resolves your issue !

Best regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

bigblip

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 05:53:54 pm »
Hey Edouard,

In some ways I am relieved to hear it is probably a firmware issue, especially now I hear there is new firmware coming soon :-)

Strangely, although I am still getting other weird behaviour, I am not getting the same freezing as before. I was already using the latest firmware and I can't think of anything that has changed, but the problem has (at least for now) gone away. Bizarre!

Look forward to seeing the new firmware. I will test this when it arrives and, if I still have problems, I will document them for the support team.

Cheers!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 02:13:09 pm »
Hey.

The 1.2.6 FW is out, I highly recommend to give it a go.

Best regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines