April 19, 2024, 05:14:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Serious sustain and expression pedal issues, please help  (Read 1740 times)

AAKmusic

Serious sustain and expression pedal issues, please help
« on: May 23, 2020, 09:41:31 pm »
I've looked for hours for solutions, sorry if this has been answered. My Keylab Essential 88 thinks my M Audio EX-P expression pedal is a sustain pedal. This means I cannot use it for a wah effect with the Arturia Clavinet V. It will not track smoothly, and the notes sustain while it is plugged in making it useless for the effect I am looking for.

I have no idea how to get it to act as only an expression pedal. As you all know these kinds of issues can be mega frustrating and i feel like i'm wasting my time. Honestly astounded that others aren't having this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

AAKmusic

LBH

Re: Serious sustain and expression pedal issues, please help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:20:20 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

As far as i can tell, then you can't use an expression pedal as a continous expresseion pedal with Keylab Essential.
I only see a Sustain connection without an expression or continous control option on the product page: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-essential-88/overview

So perhaps others are'nt have'nt this issue, because it's not.  Keylab MKII has the needed inputs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:22:00 am by LBH »

gphantom

Re: Serious sustain and expression pedal issues, please help
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:45 am »
There is no "Expression pedal" input because it's a simple "SUSTAIN" input, exactly like a sustain pedal on a piano.  The sustain pedal on the piano simply moves the felt pads on all strings so that the strings continue to vibrate.  Pressing and holding a piano key accomplishes the same thing except for that particular key only.  So, like a piano sustain pedal, the sustain pedal input on the keylab essential is digital ON or OFF.
The Wah-Wah pedal for a guitar is analog and changes the signal to the filter.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines