April 19, 2024, 05:27:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CC encoders in control mode, use midi channels from active track  (Read 1751 times)

marcel-x

• Apprentice
Got mine today and I love it!
But it seems you can only assign the CC encoders to one fixed midi channel.

If you want the CC encoder control your tracks individually, you have to go: Utility > Controller > Global MIDI chan > 1/2/3/4/10

Much more sophisticated would be using the midi channel assigned to the active track.
The active track button starts blinking after pressing the control button, so it’s halfway there.  ;)

vantuzilla

• Apprentice
Re: CC encoders in control mode, use midi channels from active track
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:39:16 pm »
+1
Also, not why the encoders are tied to the global channel, and not to the current one

Mkopson

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 05:32:31 am »
I agree!

On top of that, it would be even more amazing to have multiple banks in control mode, similar to the Keystep 37.

It seems like a feature that could be developed much further. Sequencing parameter changes is so much fun and it's a shame to be limited to only 5 parameters.

isak126

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:02:30 am »
Agreed. In some way, being able to tie CC messages to steps, either via control mode or via step editing would be awesome. Especially in drum sequencing I think this would be very useful... since Pitch knob is disabled on drum sequencing, maybe this knob could be a throw in replacement for setting CC values on drum sequences.

al80

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 01:30:13 am »
+1 and +1 for the knobs banks like the keystep37.

BigFknRobots

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:21:21 pm »
this was my main disappointment when I got this unit.

I wanted to experiment more with evolving sequences when jamming out ideas on my hardware synths rather than more "keyboard playing" style stuff.

and it is excellent for that (from a notes perspective) but picking 5 parameters in total across everything to automate...
that's a lot of decisions, rationing and rationalising to do! consequently, I find myself not really doing it.

eg.
Do I pick cutoff 1 on each track and 1 bonus?

if I could pick 5 parameters in total from each track, that would be soo soo soooo much better!
Whether it's Delay parameters, filter parameters, macro knobs if your synth has them etc.

Bonus round:
some kind of "learn" option would also be amazing.
If I could touch a knob while jamming around and if it could have it's CC# get detected and assigned to the control knob I've been touching,
Without me needing to look up the manual or whip out some computer software...... that would be next level.

AndreasFranke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 08:53:30 am »
+1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines