April 20, 2024, 03:57:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KSP with Studio One?  (Read 1770 times)

bigblip

• Apprentice
KSP with Studio One?
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:34:20 am »
Hi. Has anyone had any success setting up the KSP with Studio One? I was beginning to think I had received a faulty unit, but I followed the instructions to get it working with Ableton (Lite) and it all works as expected. My biggest issue in Studio One is having instruments listening for different midi channels. At the moment they all play what's coming out of channel 1, period. My Beatstep Pro doesn't have this issue.

Any help appreciated!

bigblip

• Apprentice
Re: KSP with Studio One?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:07:53 pm »
I've solved the MIDI channel issue. I'd forgotten that in Studio One you have to check Split Channels when setting up a new controller, which then allows you to pick a MIDI channel per virtual instrument. It was only when I double checked the settings for the BSP that I remembered this, as all my other controllers are on dedicated MIDI channels. However, performance is still far from good. I am getting frequent lockups of the KSP where the only way out is a power cycle. My first twelve hours with the KSP have been frustrating to say the very least.

Superwaldi

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 01:01:35 pm »
I have synch issues with Studio One as well. It performs better using the powerplug instead of USB power.

However the KSP runs much smoother connected to my MPC than to my computer.

mntbighker

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 07:19:57 am »
I've solved the MIDI channel issue. I'd forgotten that in Studio One you have to check Split Channels when setting up a new controller, which then allows you to pick a MIDI channel per virtual instrument. It was only when I double checked the settings for the BSP that I remembered this, as all my other controllers are on dedicated MIDI channels. However, performance is still far from good. I am getting frequent lockups of the KSP where the only way out is a power cycle. My first twelve hours with the KSP have been frustrating to say the very least.

What version of Studio One? I'm finding it really odd that as popular as Arturia is, the name doesn't appear at all in the Studio One 5 device list. Not a single Arturia device is pre-configured. My KSP just arrived today.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines