April 25, 2024, 02:21:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arpeggiator: use step buttons to modify rhythmic pattern  (Read 1027 times)

amaury

• Apprentice
Arpeggiator: use step buttons to modify rhythmic pattern
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:12:04 am »
Hi,

This is found for example on the Blofeld, or the SL MK3 from Novation: we can edit our own rhythm for the Arp, this is very interesting musically, especally on the Keystep Pro which has 3 Arpeggiators!

I imagine that when Arp mode is ON for a track, the 16 steps could be used for that:
- Step ON/OFF
- Timing, Gate, Velocity, Random for individual steps

How great that would be! :)

Kind regards,
Amaury
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:12:57 pm by amaury »

jbrave

• Apprentice
Re: Arpeggiator: use step buttons to modify rhythmic pattern
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:01:57 pm »
Yes! I was very surprised they Keystep doesn't do this already, with all those step buttons when you go into arp mode! This behavior is ubiquitous enough that it is the norm for arpeggiators, though most (mini nova, Microkorg) are 8 step patterns, having the full 64 would be truly awesome, even just 16 would be great...

if memory is an issue the existing pattern for the sequencer could double (if enabled) as the rhythmic setting for the arpeggiator...

- Joel

Andrew Henderson

Re: Arpeggiator: use step buttons to modify rhythmic pattern
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 07:23:31 pm »
This sounds like a really neat idea!  I am all for furthering the functionality and getting all we can from our kit.  Being able to have more variation and musicality, is always a welcome thing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines