April 26, 2024, 06:26:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saved drum patterns no longer work after upgrading firmware from 1.0.x to 1.1.7  (Read 789 times)

SuperOxigen

I recently updated the firmware for my KeyStep Pro from the factory 1.0.x (can't recall the value of 'x') to the latest 1.1.7.  Now all of my saved project drum patterns from before the update do not work.

The patterns steps appear to still be saved (sequence step lights are still present for all keys); but when playing the pattern, no drum notes are sent via MIDI and the "Note" LED for the Track 1 does not light up either.  If I clear and set the step, the newly set step will work are expected.  I find this ghost step behavior very strange.

I've checked all of the MIDI settings, most settings were unchanged from the firmware update except the drum map mode which was changed to "Chromatic" from "Custom".  The custom map config was still correctly set as I've programmed it.  After changing the mode back to "Custom", I can manually play the drum keys without issue, but I'm still seeing the ghost step behavior on the old patterns.

Fortunately, with the pattern lights are still set, I don't need to rethink/reinvent any of my stored patterns.  But now I need to go through clear and reset the steps for 6 projects x 10 patterns (most I've used) x 64 steps x 16 drum keys to get my patterns working again.  That's incredibility time consuming!

I'm lucky not to be professionally impacted by this, but I can easily imagine this being a disastrous issue for a performer relying on saved patterns.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines