April 26, 2024, 05:59:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Frequently having issues tracking pitch with the CV out voices.  (Read 1402 times)

friender

• Apprentice
Has anyone else had any issues with the pitch out on any of the voices?  In my instance, I am using the Voice 1 CV outputs direct into my eurorack (using MI Tides), however somewhat frequently and sporadically the voice will get stuck on a certain note, no matter which key I play.  The gates are functioning properly, however it seems the pitch output is acting pretty inconsistent.  I wanted to see if anyone else here has had this issue before making a bug report.

I'm so excited by the potential of the KSP but it is disheartening seeing how many issues it has right now, I thought waiting a bit to purchase would let the bugs get all worked out but it appears not.  As it stands only about 60% of the features I bought it for are functioning correctly.  Any updates on the patch timeline?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Frequently having issues tracking pitch with the CV out voices.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 10:30:36 am »
Hello.

We are currently beta testing the update.
It was supposed to be out a few weeks ago, but some regressions forced us to delay it a little bit.

I'm quite confident that the version will be out very soon, which resolves a lot of issue you may have faced.

Best regards !

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

friender

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 10:45:24 pm »
Hi There,

Just wanted to bump this because the issues described above are still present after installing the new firmware.  Also, the issues with USB midi having a 2-3 note firing delay I've described elsewhere is still present.  Any plans to address these problems?  Is there somewhere I can formally request support?

johndoe

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 12:37:17 am »
Hi There,

Just wanted to bump this because the issues described above are still present after installing the new firmware.  Also, the issues with USB midi having a 2-3 note firing delay I've described elsewhere is still present.  Any plans to address these problems?  Is there somewhere I can formally request support?

Forget about USB it's not gonna do it, use Midi :)

friender

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 02:54:43 am »

Forget about USB it's not gonna do it, use Midi :)

The device I use as my polysynth (the critter and guitari organelle) only accepts usb midi, which worked very well with my old keystep.  Why should we just accept that an integral function of the product we paid for just wont work indefinitely?  That's dumb. 

Overand

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 07:58:05 pm »
CV Notes/Tracking/Accuracy: Do you have a multimeter/voltmeter, or something like a MORDAX DATA or an Ornament & Crime that you can use to see what voltages your KSP is putting out?

MIDI/USB/POLY: I can't speak in depth to your issues with the polysynth/USB thing (but I'll note that "USB hosts" and "USB devices" are basically fundamentally different - computers are hosts, keyboards/flash drives/the keystep/pro are devices. Worth researching and keeping in mind, if you're not very familiar. Also, not all USB devices "that do MIDI" are equal - some are "MIDI Class Compliant" devices, which appear as MIDI devices to the computer/host. Others aren't. And, I have no idea if the KSP is Class Compliant, or custom - but if it's the latter, there's not much that can be done, other than inserting an intermediary MIDI/USB device.)

You may do well with a cheap USB/MIDI adapter cable, if the thing you're trying to connect to is a USB *host.* With the Organelle - the *new* version has both MIDI and USB, but that doesn't help. Seriously, though - go to the Guitari forums and see what USB MIDI adapters people have been using - there may be a ~$15 USD fix for that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines