April 26, 2024, 04:46:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi control center  (Read 1748 times)

rfoster

• Apprentice
midi control center
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:17:59 pm »
It takes 7 minutes for Midi Control Center to connect to my MatrixBrute. About 4 minutes for the UI to appear, during which interval the computer is frozen, then another 3 for it to check the connection. Is this normal? Can't we have a version where we only install the products we own instead of every Arturia device?  Windows 7 64 bit, I7, 8 GB.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: midi control center
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:35:17 pm »
That's not normal. I suggest contacting tech support.

rfoster

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:49:46 pm »
Will do. Thanks.

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 10:03:46 pm »
I get almost the same
about 5 mins to connect to the MxB

the MCC  locks up while its waiting

cheers
Kev

ps:  I do have about 12 things plugged in to all my USB ports
external Hds  and other arturia stuff  etc etc
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

rfoster

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 10:38:09 pm »
Hi turbo_kev

I have a lot of things hanging off my computer too.

Michael Koch's post in the Presets and Media, coincidentally also posted today, leaves me with hope that a MatrixBrute only replacement for Midi Control Center is possible whether from Arturia or from somewhere else. I don't really understand the philosophy behind making patch and sequence data proprietary but at least they do provide MMC. Seven minutes to access it takes a a little of the shine off of it though.

rfoster

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 06:54:22 pm »
Gillaume at technical support helped me solve this issue.

I had nerds ipmidi installed but I haven't been using it in the last couple of years. It a great piece of software the gives you 20 virtual midi ports over an ethernet connection. Uninstalling it seemed to reduce the connect time by just over half.

In the end, with Gillaume's help, it came down to the USB hub. With it removed from the equation and the MB plugged directly into the computer's USB the MCC now connects in just over a minute.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines