April 27, 2024, 12:27:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck in Overdub Mode at Startup  (Read 2729 times)

johndoe

Re: Stuck in Overdub Mode at Startup
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 10:41:54 pm »
Pressing the button to turn it off is pretty easy, I find.  Not really an issue.

That's a minority view if you read the thread lol why are you even trolling here

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 05:38:24 am »
Pressing the button to turn it off is pretty easy, I find.  Not really an issue.

That's a minority view if you read the thread lol why are you even trolling here

I'm not trolling, just suggesting that you turn it off when you power on.  I'd like the tempo to not default to 120bpm.  But it does, so I change it to 114bpm every time I power-up, along with hitting the overdub button.

I feel the Tech. Issues board is for finding solutions to your problems, so I am offering a solution.  Have you put a Feature Request in for there to be an option to start in overwrite mode (overdub off)?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

johndoe

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 11:53:12 am »

I'm not trolling, just suggesting that you turn it off when you power on.  I'd like the tempo to not default to 120bpm.  But it does, so I change it to 114bpm every time I power-up, along with hitting the overdub button.

I feel the Tech. Issues board is for finding solutions to your problems, so I am offering a solution.  Have you put a Feature Request in for there to be an option to start in overwrite mode (overdub off)?

We did numerous times, they're not addressing our issues. Hence we report them here too, this forum is called "Technical Issues" after all.

This doesn't belong to Feature Request, it's a Technical Issue. Just as if you car started with the warning lights on. Would you suggest hitting the warning button every time? Doesn't make sense.

BPM is different, 120 is the universal standard. I agree ideally we could change the default BPM, just like with Ableton where you can save the current set features as default. But this is too much thinking for Arturia, they seem to stick to keyboards for 12 year olds.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 06:35:05 pm »
We have enough things in our lives that steal time.  Yes you can turn off overdub but it's an annoyance every single time you turn on the device.   

Overdub being on leads to weird and confusing KSP behaviour, much like switching from poly to mono mode.

I am still trying to iron out whether there is a bug or it's confusing but I regularly end up where I cannot get a step in sequence to change its note.  Overdub makes it more likely to end up in that situation for me at least.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 12:44:17 pm »
I'm not trying to troll, just trying to provide some prospective.  For someone who doesn't program for exclusively monophonic instruments and uses step edit to program their KSP, the current power up defaults are actually perfect.  Of course it would be wonderful to set the start-up state to how you want it and I'm hoping it will be in the next update.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines