April 25, 2024, 02:42:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection suffers from pops clicks using multiple instances  (Read 1563 times)

TRIaXOR

• Apprentice
Hi guys, Having a bit of an issue, running windows 10 pro with Cubase pro 10.5 going through ASIO on a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 on loopback and I keep getting pops 'n clicks if I open more than 1 instrument in the V collection 7, my settings are at 44100MHz using 512 samples buffer but making the buffer higher or even boosting the frequency doesn't solve it, so far I the CPU isn't maxing (hardly registers) at all and I don't think it would be a memory or drive issue, my system is using an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, 32GB Corsair RAM and a 2GB SSD (2x1GB NVMe on Raid)

Also using a Novation 61SL MkIII as my main controller.

any help would be most appreciated..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:51:06 pm by TRIaXOR »

LBH

Re: V Collection suffers from pops clicks using multiple instances
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 12:18:15 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Why do you use loopback? I can't tell, but maybe that's the culprit.
Have you checked if only a single CPU core for some reason is overloaded?

Have you set your PC to high performance mode?

Are your system a self build with personally selected components?

You should be able to use a much lower buffer' if all is okay.

TRIaXOR

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:30 pm »
Hi,
Reset the 18i20 to factory and set output to DAW, the PC is in high performance mode, all other sound (onboard etc) has been disabled, the PC is self built to high spec (for 2018), still getting pop's if I open more than one instance of a plugin such as ARP 2600 V3, disabled all other inputs for real hardware such as my Access Virus Ti2 and Roland Integra 7, its really annoying as I was considering the new OB-XA V plugin but not risking buying it at this time to get more pop's etc..

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 01:02:10 am »
Does your hardware like your controller output a midi clock? If so, then are they disabled to output midi clock?
Are you sure it's not about you midi setup?

Are you saying, that as soon as you have 2 tracks in your DAW, having any 2 Arturia plugins loaded on them, then you have issues? And even without playing? And you don't have the same issues with other third party plugins, when you use them the excact same way as Arturias?

Which DAW do you use?

TRIaXOR

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:36:55 am »
I'm using Cubase Pro 10.5, but the issue is not with the DAW, I just updated it and ran 3 instances of Arp 2600 V3 and 1 instance of Steinbergs retrologue and it seems now it's fine, however when I use the standalone Apps the pops are back. *shrug*

LBH

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 05:51:34 pm »
I just updated it and ran 3 instances of Arp 2600 V3 and 1 instance of Steinbergs retrologue and it seems now it's fine
Good.

however when I use the standalone Apps the pops are back. *shrug*
When you open one standalone only, and no other applications with audio output are running?

Can your ASIO driver run multiple clients at a time?

Does your hardware like your controller output a midi clock? If so, then are they disabled to output midi clock?
Are you sure it's not about you midi setup?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:00:23 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines