April 20, 2024, 06:38:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [WORKAROUND FOUND] Bug: Looper resets track to a different *pattern* number  (Read 1724 times)

Overand

• Apprentice
Edit: it appears that this happens when there is a chain in the scene. Erasing the scene (which doesn't erase patterns, just chains and what patterns are currently selected) will cause this behavior to stop. I still believe this is a bug, but there's a workaround at least.

Hey folks - I'm not sure what the story is, but after a jam session, I've noticed that whenever I use the looper (touch strip on the bottom left), Track 1 will jump to Pattern 05 *after* I let go of the looper.

This seems to be project-specific; it's in my Project #7, for what it's worth. I may try an export and import or such to see if it clears this, but - is this a feature? Did I set something accidentally, a "default" pattern for a given track? I've looked in the manual and haven't been able to find anything indicating this. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:27:02 pm by Overand »

koenig_h

• Apprentice
Re: Looper resets track to a different *pattern* number
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:15 am »
I had the same thing happening on Project #1, Track 2... Started looping pattern 05 and after releasing the touch strip it jumped back to pattern 01...

Dr Bob

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 02:20:31 pm »
Yes,

I can confirm this issue.
Even when nothing is playing, touching the roller strip will make my track 2 and 3 jump to pattern 2.

It is about high time Arturia releases a decent firmware update...
It was promised for half of May, ... 2 weeks later ... nothing.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 06:22:53 pm »
Hi All, i have not seen this in testing. what set up do you use?  do you have looper sending CC?  We are testing the next firmware which should be ready very soon.

Regards
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Dr Bob

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:53:45 pm »
Hi,

To test this you have to program more than one pattern on a track.
All tracks with more than one pattern will switch to another pattern after releasing the roller bar.

Regards

Overand

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 05:36:17 pm »
Hi All, i have not seen this in testing. what set up do you use?
I’m not using any non-default settings if I recall, but I will note that this only happens on one of my Projects - project 1 is perfectly fine.

When I am home, I will test to see if my copying projects also copies the behavior, and if my exported (JSON! I love it!) project file also copies the behavior. (I’ll probably attach the relevant file in an hour or two, with luck).

Overand

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:13:22 pm »
Short version: OK, more testing shows Export/Import to new project does carry the issue along, on my device. Also, loading/switching to the Project also jumps to pattern 05. Proect export attached.

Longer version: Exporting the affected Project and re-importing it does in fact retain the behavior.  I did so with a reboot of the keystep pro in between, and didn't load the affected project (7), just to be safe. Imported to slot 10, and 10 still exhibits the behavior.  I *haven't* done a factory reset yet to see if the issue persists through that, as I want to leave a reproducible environment. So, I'm hoping someone - official tester or volunteer without the issue - will import my affected project and see if it carries over onto their device!

I also can verify that when I load projects, the pattern numbers don't seem to change (? - that's odd, right?) except when switching to this "bad" project, in which case Track 1 changes to Pattern 05

My ~30 sec video is still uploading via my slow connection (will be done ~30min from now /  5:45 PM Eastern US time) but it will be viewable here: https://youtu.be/XM4-imtqAzQ

Steps to maybe recreate
  • Download attached export file & Unzip
  • Launch MIDI Control Center w/KSP connected
  • Load the export file
  • Upload file to device
  • On device, switch to the newly uploaded project
  • Note that Trak1 changes to pattern 5
  • Change track 1 to a different pattern
  • Use the looper strip, note that track 1 returns to patter n5 when releasing the looper strip
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:18:24 pm by Overand »

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 06:47:11 am »
It happens to me all the time as well, I've still only used "Program 1"

Overand

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »
I've been e-mailing with the support team. Léo asked "Can you let me know if the track in question has a chain enabled on the scene you've selected?"

I finally was able to check, and I did. Now - I had a chain saved , but I did not have a chain enabled.

But, good news! Erasing the Scene did make the behavior go away! So, it's not a great workaround, but it's a workaround!

I do believe this is a bug, based on not having the chain selected/enabled. And, as far as I can tell, the only way to erase a chain is to erase the entire scene. But, that's OK - I can work with that. It lets me use the looper again, anyway!  I hope they're able to track down this bug.

Can other folks verify this works for them too?

Dr Bob

• Apprentice
Hi,

Thanks for the workaround.

Indeed, erasing the scene does the trick.

Regards,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines