March 28, 2024, 09:59:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Copying a Drum Pattern - is this actually implemented?  (Read 1289 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Copying a Drum Pattern - is this actually implemented?
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:52:03 pm »
Howdy.  Recently got my Keystep Pro with the intent for it to be an upgrade for my Beatstep Pro.  Based on the manual, you are supposed to be able to copy a drum pattern:

When working in the Drum sequencer, you can copy a Drum Pattern from one location toanother, e ven if you have made no edits. To do this, simply follow the procedure describedabove inSaving a Drum Pattern[p.80]but select a new destination number instead of theoriginal number by pressing the appropriate step button.

From page 80:

To save one Drum Pattern:
 • Hold down SAVE and press Pattern. Saved steps will blink in blue; steps withunsaved edits will blink in red.
 • Press the red-lit step button of the Drum Pattern you want to save.

So far I have not found any way to save the current pattern to a second location.  No patterns show up as red because they have not been edited yet.  If the destination pattern is empty, it doesn't appear at all.  Using the instructions above, pressing an alternate step does not cause the current pattern to be saved to it. 

Has anyone found a way to copy an existing drum pattern to a new slot?

Sheriholty

Re: Copying a Drum Pattern - is this actually implemented?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:18:26 am »
I do not know how to help me? About the knowledge I am looking for, I seek to share this information.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
[SOLVED] Re: Copying a Drum Pattern - is this actually implemented?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 06:45:53 pm »
Had to open a ticket with support to solve this but the answer is that the manual is wrong.  The correct way to copy a pattern is:

Select the desired sequencer > Press Copy + pattern > Press the pattern you wish to copy. Then press paste + pattern > And select the step corresponding to the pattern  you want to paste it to.

This copy buffer can be pasted to a different track as well which is cool.

Very different approach than the Beatstep Pro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines