April 24, 2024, 01:22:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI In not working correctly. Where is the update?  (Read 2076 times)

donthavefun

MIDI In not working correctly. Where is the update?
« on: May 26, 2020, 05:40:16 pm »
I'm still having several issues with the keystep pro including MIDI in not functioning properly. The MIDI information is recognized on the keystep pro's LEDs but doesn't trigger any sound. I've seen others post with the same problems but no solutions offered except an a promised update which is lacking any real details.

Can we get a date or at least a time window? I've read mid-may on the forums and can't seem to get any other information. I understand that the update will take time to be tested but please give us some information. If this update doesn't arrive soon I may have to think about returning the controller and going in a different direction.

koenig_h

• Apprentice
Re: MIDI In not working correctly. Where is the update?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:49:08 am »
Same here. I guess we all would really appreciate some information on this issue.
At the moment I do not know how to proceed with my whole MIDI setup, which (on paper) heavily relied on having the MIDI IN working on the KSP.

With the current state I need to take the KSP completely out of the picture again and look for another way to sequence my gear... As donthavefun asked: can you give us at least a hint if we need to wait another week/month or whatsoever?

EDIT: There was an answer from Edouard May 22, stating they need more time: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101811.msg171765#msg171765
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:01:45 am by koenig_h »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:32:43 am »
Hello.

The update is currently in beta it should be out very soon !

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

TIGHT LINES

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 03:22:48 am »
It would be nice to know how long it will take for this update to appear - I might have to exchange it for the Keylab MK2 if the KSP won't function properly.  Same MIDI problems - triggering wrong notes, or no notes, notes sticking and other fun stuff.  It's strange, every other piece of gear I have by Arturia works flawlessly...

johndoe

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 11:16:30 am »
It would be nice to know how long it will take for this update to appear - I might have to exchange it for the Keylab MK2 if the KSP won't function properly.  Same MIDI problems - triggering wrong notes, or no notes, notes sticking and other fun stuff.  It's strange, every other piece of gear I have by Arturia works flawlessly...

May means July in Arturia's corporate terms, get used to it :) I never believed for a second mid-May would do it, they seem to have gotten on the wrong foot right from the start with this one, trying too much to redesign things from the KS that worked fine before. I could tell immediately a few minutes after opening mine end of April that the FW was far from finished. But I assume the update will make it at least usable again, I barely touched mine since it's my first Arturia controller and I don't want to start learning off it for now.

agion

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:04:04 pm »

May means July in Arturia's corporate terms, get used to it :) I never believed for a second mid-May would do it, they seem to have gotten on the wrong foot right from the start with this one, trying too much to redesign things from the KS that worked fine before. I could tell immediately a few minutes after opening mine end of April that the FW was far from finished. But I assume the update will make it at least usable again, I barely touched mine since it's my first Arturia controller and I don't want to start learning off it for now.

Same situation for me, first product from Arturia for me. I look at what is written and told about the other products, and compare to what I bought now, and I can't understand really. I was really surprised. My only hope now is that there is no major architectural design mistake that prevents this revision of the product to reach the expected level of stability and functionality.

But, I'm kinda new into this synth-world, maybe many now great products started out with questionable early FW? :)

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 10:03:46 pm »
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:10:30 pm by marcel-x »

LarsDaniel

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 10:44:59 am »

Same situation for me, first product from Arturia for me. I look at what is written and told about the other products, and compare to what I bought now, and I can't understand really. I was really surprised. My only hope now is that there is no major architectural design mistake that prevents this revision of the product to reach the expected level of stability and functionality.

But, I'm kinda new into this synth-world, maybe many now great products started out with questionable early FW? :)
I would say that the bugginess of the Keystep Pro (from release and still so, months after) has been groundbreakingly horrific. I still hope to see the day, where an actual working firmware is released, because I really like the concept of KSP. Fingers are crossed for the 1.2.6 update that I will install today.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 03:27:35 pm »
Hello.
The update we just released features a new MIDI In implementation.
Best !
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

friender

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 01:16:50 am »
Hello.
The update we just released features a new MIDI In implementation.
Best !
Edouard

Unfortunately on my end the USB midi is still bugged, the device I'm using still has a multiple note lag between when a key is pressed and when the sound occurs, rendering it pretty much unusable even after the firmware update :(.  I'm trying to use it to sequence a Critter and Guitari Organelle so my situation might be a little specific (however I dont see why it would since both devices are usb class-compliant), curious to hear if anyone is still having USB midi issues after the firmware update. 

Lonzo5

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 04:21:54 am »
I'm experiencing the same issue after updating.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines