April 23, 2024, 02:54:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polyrhytmic arpeggios?  (Read 1010 times)

Jakokrull

• Apprentice
Polyrhytmic arpeggios?
« on: May 26, 2020, 05:16:20 pm »
Hi there.

So I have a keystep and a beatstep pro on my desktop. What I like to do is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNcHdpRo_Y

So you are using the regular keystep synced with the gate option so the ARP only triggers the next note when it receives a drum gate from the BSP. I could imagine that it would be nice if the KSP could do this on its own as well - using the sequencer pads as triggers for the arpeggiator. I haven't had a hands on experience - do the seq. pads on the top right corner do anything in the arp mode or are they simply disabled?
Right now the keystep pro seems very basic and I don't see it replacing my regular keysteps paired with the BSP anytime soon as it is lacking many features that are necessary for an intuitive performance.
If the keystep pro gets a ton of features along with automatic program changes from external signals, it could really make a live workflow a ton easier in case you like to prepare for a live show.

Any ideas on this please comment ;).
All the best,
Jako

johndoe

Re: Polyrhytmic arpeggios?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:19:27 am »
Nice!

ddoyen

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 04:12:45 pm »
You could use the cv out of the channel running the arp and the gate outs of another channel to trigger notes manually or in some pattern. I do this all the time its fun!

Jakokrull

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 11:19:15 am »
You could use the cv out of the channel running the arp and the gate outs of another channel to trigger notes manually or in some pattern. I do this all the time its fun!

Yes, this is definitely fun, but the result is quite different. Instead of having the arp wait for a trigger and always stay in the desired formation of notes, you would hear random parts of that arpeggio sequence.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines