April 20, 2024, 12:57:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do the presets save knob CC values?  (Read 1339 times)

maxter

Do the presets save knob CC values?
« on: May 25, 2020, 11:15:14 pm »
So... A question about the STORE button, in relation to the Controller Knobs. Coming from the manual:
"Since you can’t change most of the MIDI settings for the controls without using the MIDI Control  Center,  the  main  reason  you  would  want  to  use  the  STORE  button  in  CNTRL mode is to re-order the presets due to a last-minute set change or something like that." -There are other reasons as well. I was hoping for more detailed information in a user manual.

"...most of the MIDI settings..." -so what settings DOES it save?  ??? -Is my question... Since it apparently doesn't save MOST of the settings, then it'd be of more interest to know which settings it actually DOES save, then that it doesn't save most...

I'm about to get a Beatstep, but it all depends on the answer to this question. If I have changed some of the knobs values by turning them, when I press STORE, do the new values get saved with the preset? IE, if I control a particular outboard sequencer with preset 1, set the notes up with the controllers, STORE the preset and then recall preset 2 for editing another outboard sequencer, when I then recall preset 1 for further editing, will the knobs values reflect the changes I have made earlier on, so that I can catch up where I left the sequence? Or have they gone back to their prior base values again? If the latter is true, I'll have no use for it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:29:07 pm by maxter »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines