April 20, 2024, 04:47:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI-in not to CV-out  (Read 1754 times)

Matrix-Ton

• Apprentice
MIDI-in not to CV-out
« on: May 24, 2020, 08:23:11 pm »
Hello,
Unlike the statement in the manual, my KSP is not sending notes from MIDI-IN (over Din) to any CV-out. In settings the MIDI-In-channel of the track matches the CV-out settings. I see info coming in (led's light up in the right color), but my Eurorack doesn't play. When I start the arpeggiator en then send MIDI-notes to the same track, it does play the right arpeggiated notes. The statement that the KSP can act as a MIDI-to-CV interface seems not to be correct, but was one of the reasons why I bought the product. Will this be fixed in an update soon?

kev

• Apprentice
Re: MIDI-in not to CV-out
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 10:18:59 pm »
I can (unbelievably) verify this as well. This was one of the basic functionalities of the keystep that I thought at the very least I'd get x4 of. Note LED's light up when receiving midi via usb on the proper channel but does not get converted to cv.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:11:33 pm »
Hi All , This is not implemented yet but it will be in the next Fw update coming soon.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

kev

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 02:20:17 pm »
Thanks Terry! Do you know if the keystep pro will have the ability to have the midi to CV conversion completely independent of the keyboard? Basically, would it be possible to use the keyboard and tracks to output midi and have the CV outputs only respond to incoming external midi?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 02:59:49 pm »
Hi Kev

I have the Ksp in front of me atm and Simple answer is no.  but you can play the Cv/gate from an external midi source while mute is on so at least the sequence is switched off  but the internal keyboard can still play the cv/gate while mute is on.
I need to check with the test team to make sure this is part of the Spec.

Regards
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines