April 19, 2024, 04:50:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can the sequencer play in Reverse mode like the Beatstep Pro?  (Read 1474 times)

amaury

• Apprentice
Hi,

I'm reading the manual and collecting information before making a buying decision. It seems there are only 3 play modes for the sequencers, Forward, Random and Walk. Is Reverse missing, really? Seems to me a pretty basic playback mode for a sequencer.

If missing, I wonder if it can be added later, there's no hardware button for it...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Can the sequencer play in Reverse mode like the Beatstep Pro?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:44 pm »
HI Welcome to the forum, 
yes there is no reverse sequence in the KSP but you can now invert the sequence which is the same thing just the sequence runs forward still.

regards
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

amaury

• Apprentice
Re: Can the sequencer play in Reverse mode like the Beatstep Pro?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:40:02 am »
Thanks a lot for the answer! Sounds great.

Another question (let me know if I should ask in a separate thread): if I understand well, I can record unquantized in the Keystep Pro, does it mean that I can record more notes than there are steps? Like a 3 hits ratchet on a 16th? And, do I understand well that this is a difference with the Beatstep pro? The BSP manual says it quantizes everything, I wonder if that was or will be changed in a firmware update,

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines