April 19, 2024, 01:19:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs Jump Values on 1st use on a preset (with Mini V3)  (Read 2013 times)

Moskito

• Apprentice
Knobs Jump Values on 1st use on a preset (with Mini V3)
« on: May 24, 2020, 10:33:07 am »
Hello,

I have issues with knobs on the Minilab MK2, really annoying with mini V.

1 - I load a preset on MiniV
2 - I turn the knob 2 on the minilab to control cutoff frequency
3 - The value jump to another value (sometimes to 0, sometime to another value...)
4 - After this 1st turn, the knob works fine and I can control the value without jumps

Config : Mac OS Mojave / Ableton Live 10.1.14 / Mini V 3.5.13457 / Minilab MK2 Firmware 1.0.9

What I dont understand is that it works fine with Analog Lab 4 Lite. This jump doesn't happen in Analog Lab when I load a preset, I can control de cutoff frequency without jump on the first use of the knob.
It only happens in Mini V (standalone or in Ableton Live).
I download a demo of Prophet V3 to do the test : same issue, the buttons jump on first use of a preset . I wanted to buy it but it's a real problem ... I can't use it live with this jump...

Moskito

• Apprentice
Re: Knobs Jump Values on 1st use on a preset (with Mini V3)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:49:17 am »
I just checked in the midicontrol center and I understand the jump but I dont know how to fix it.

The knob jumps to the last value of the CC 74 used but don't seem to "read" the value of the preset on the mini V :

1 - For example, the last value used (checked in the midi control center) was CC 74 : 62 .

2 - I load a preset on the mini V (with cutoff to 0).

3 - I turn the knob 2, I wait for the value of CC74 to go up from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 to ....

4 - But the values jumps immediately to 63 instead of 1. The keyboard does not "read" the value of the cutoff frequency of the mini V preset, so when I turn the knob it jumps to te last value known (62 to 63).

Now I understand... but what can I do ?

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 06:33:03 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Have you read about absolute and relative functionality for the encoders in the controllers manual?
And have you read about midi learns relative option in Arturias applications manuals?

In absolute mode knobs jumps, unless a pickup functionality is possible.
Applications need to support relative modes to work.

Please have a look in the manuals.

The topic is mention in several posts in the forums.

Moskito

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:44:15 pm »
Oh i'm so confused and sorry for this loss of time for you... I did read the manual but I didn't understand the relative mode ... I'm new to synth, i'm a piano player. In relative mode (relative 1) it works nice now with miniV3, thank you so much.

But a question, why does it work in Analog Lab in absolut mode ? I should have the same behavior in Analog Lab but I don"t.
The knob is in absolute mode but work fine without jumps.

So I have to have 1 memory for Analog Lab, 1 for MiniV3.

Anyway, thank you again. I learn step by step  :-[

PS : I find it strange to buy hardware and software of the same company and having to do all this config by myself. I thought I would find a config file to import and it would map the minilab to the miniV (with this kind of setting, relative mode for each knob).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:55:15 pm by Moskito »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 12:13:11 am »
You don't have or use different maps for your controller for all applications on the market.
(On the side you can read about the midi config possibilities in Arturias applications manuals.)

Arturias controllers and Anolog Lab have a pre mapping, that you can't change.

I will not begin long stories and explanations.
I can suggest you study for answers to your questions, if they matters to you.
We have all started blank once. Just be patient and learn down the road.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:16:40 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines