April 25, 2024, 10:08:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum Track and Ableton Drum Rack not connecting  (Read 1398 times)

strewya

Drum Track and Ableton Drum Rack not connecting
« on: May 23, 2020, 11:20:31 pm »
Hello,

I can not get KSP drum track to trigger drum rack for some reason? There are two issues:

1.Pressing any of 24 drum tracks randomly triggers clips in ableton? I have checked midi mapping page and none of the keys are assigned to anything.

2. On track 1 in Ableton I have a drum rack . The track input is set to receive from  BeatSteP ( KeystepPro) on CH10. First sample receives on C1 (36).  In the  Midi Utility I have set drum map to custom and low note to 36 and I'm not getting anything ?

Could anyone help me set this up please. I just want to trigger drum rack in Ableton with drum sequencer from KSP.

I have successfully  uploaded the latest firmware 1.1.7

Oelman

Re: Drum Track and Ableton Drum Rack not connecting
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 11:41:44 am »
Hello,

I have the same problem. The firmware is 1.2.6. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

Kind regards
Oliver

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 06:05:57 pm »
Have you tried using a MIDI utility to see what exactly is being received on your PC?  This is a good walkthrough to see what is actually being recieved by the OS:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209544729-How-to-Monitor-the-Input-of-a-MIDI-Controller

Oelman

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 03:23:48 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I tried at first midi monitor in Ableton but no midi data was send on the first 15 keys. Then I tried the software you mentioned outside of ableton and every key send midi as it should.
So I tried to select no midi device in abletons preferences instead of the recommanded beatstep pro. Now everything works.
I think Arturia have to release a midi device within Ableton dedicated for the keystep pro!

Kind regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines