March 29, 2024, 01:56:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hello,can anyone help me out?  (Read 1721 times)

Kevin Lazar

Hello,can anyone help me out?
« on: July 24, 2020, 03:51:34 pm »
Haven't had a Synth or Drum Machine since early 80's.
They were pre-midi.I have Drumbrute Impact and a MatrixBrute.Still waiting for my Key Step Pro.
For right now I just want a Live setup only using Head Phones.I think I have all the cables and patch cords.
After over 36 years I haven't a clue about all the connections and midi.Even after watching countless Videos.
Would I be able to connect all three together and hear all three synced up through headphones ?. I haven't
registered them yet.I thought I could out of the box set them up,so do I have to download firmware and midi
control center before even using them?and be dependent on a computer too?

minus_ego

• Apprentice
Re: Hello,can anyone help me out?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:08:35 pm »
Hi Kevin,

If I'm understanding you correctly you're wanting to route all audio through to your headphones so you can hear the matrixbrute and drum machine at the same time.

If this is the case, route the audio out from the drumbrute to the EXT IN on the matrixbrute rear panel.  You will need to then route the EXT IN audio to a filter on the mixing section of the matrixbrute front panel to hear the audio in from the drumbrute.  Another thing you may need to adjust is the gain control on the EXT IN located on the rear panel.  This will allow you to hear the audio from the drumbrute and the matrix brute through your headphones.  Keep in mind the drum brute audio will be processed by any other filter or modulation settings from the matrixbrute.

You shouldn't need to attach to a computer to accomplish this however if you wanted to sync the tempo of the units you would require a midi connection or sync connection between the two.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers.

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 01:23:42 pm »
A computer is only needed for firmware updates.
Even if the suggested audio flow would work a small mixer is highly recommend.

Kevin Lazar

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »
Now I have to learn how to reply on here.Thank You that did.

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 10:52:39 am »
The Keystep Pro doesn't make any sound, on it's own.  So it's just the drum machine and synth you want to hear, thru headphones. 

As STM suggested, a small mixer is what you want.  You probably won't want to hear the drums thru the MB filter all the time, though it may sound good for certain things.

endreola

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 06:47:03 pm »
I concur with the others, get yourself a small mixer (that offers a headphone jack) and simply plug in the main audio outs from MatrixBrute & DrumBrute.  There’s a ton of fairly inexpensive models to choose from and if you don’t mind pre-used then take a look at Reverb.com for a good-priced unit.

I haven't registered them yet.I thought I could out of the box set them up,so do I have to download firmware and midi control center before even using them?and be dependent on a computer too?

The firmware is preinstalled on these units and you can start making music immediately without having to upgrade them. Upgrading is performed via computer / MCC and is a great idea if the unit was shipped with older firmware. MCC can also be used to customize settings such as clock control and MIDI channel assignments if prefer something different than default.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines