March 28, 2024, 11:40:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 VST-plugin,- any way of using tune-mode on that?  (Read 2028 times)

Futureline

• Apprentice
Spark 2 VST-plugin,- any way of using tune-mode on that?
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:42:36 pm »
Hi.
I've had the Spark 2 for years, but gave up on it, mainly because I didn't figure out the things I wanted, and mainly because of lacking the knowledge generally.
But, I've started on a new go at it now, and been watching tutorials and introductions that I've found quite good.
However, I only have the plugin, and in one of the tutorials they demonstrated the use of tune-mode on the hardware, where this was recorded directly into the plugin.
Pretty cool...I thought..until I saw that there's no way of doing that directly on the plugin itself..
So the question is simple: is there a way of getting that to work in a similar way in the plugin?

I'm on FL Studio 20+, Windows Home 10, and have finally figured out how to record the patterns into the DAW using the midi-out plugin, although it may not be the correct way, it works in a manageable way for me...yeah, I am that stupid...well, I struggle with impatience, so it's really hard to sit down to really focus on learning to use it properly, that's my main problem.
Thanks in advance for any help, for anyone who would bother to take their time.  :)
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

LBH

Re: Spark 2 VST-plugin,- any way of using tune-mode on that?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:02:20 am »
I don't know what you have seen in which video. But when you use Spark LE GUI, then you in the mode section have Tune where you can set the tuning for the the last selected pad/ instrument.
Beside this the please read section "6.2.10.1 Tune Mode" in the manual.

Among the automation parameters you can find 1-16 Pitch. Those parameters represent the pitch for pad 1-16. So you can automate those.
I don't know which possibilities FL-studio offer to control automation parameters.

If you can't do what you whis to do with this informations, then please tell excactly which video and where in the video to see what you talk about. Then perhaps someone can tell you excacty what to do.

I'm not a power user of Spark2.

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:03:17 am »
Hi.
Ok, it's this video, it should start where he starts using the tune-function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUNb9KM2LE0&t=172s

Ok, so I'm attaching two pics to show the vst-plugin as the Spark 2-plugin shows it (the plugin bought on it's own, I don't know if that differs from the Spark LE-gui.
PS: you don't have a Mode-section on that plugin, you'll have to do it in the sequencer section, it seems.

Thanks to you I'm halfway there, but I initially thought of "playing" the pads to achieve it, if it was possible, it seems like I can't, but still, it's a step in the right direction,- if I can program it manually.
It's a compromise I can settle with if I can't "play" the tune.  :)

Again, thank you.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:05:51 am by Futureline »
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 06:23:48 pm »
PS: you don't have a Mode-section on that plugin
Yes you can set this in the applications preferences. You can also select Spark LE gui there, and get the tune pads, but you can't assign anything to them it look like.
I see your image show a dubstep gui. I don't have that. Perhaps you are not updated, or there is another reason.

When i mentioned automation, then it was outside Spark2. In example i can assign a knob to a pads pitch in my DAW. I can imagine you can control pitch in other ways, but perhaps not if you won't spend the time.

The video you've posted a link for is'nt good. As far as i can tell, then you should be able to do the same, and even more, by using the things i've mentioned. 

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:34:24 pm »
Ok, I checked it out now, and yes, it's on the Spark LE gui, but I couldn't find a way to assign those tunings either, so it' seems like it's easier to just add a pitch-funcion in the Sequencer, below the velocity in the editor-window below the Sequencer.

It's the same with the default gui and the others I have avaliable,- it's due to two expansion packs I have.
It's updated to version 2.4.0, thru ASC, so it should be up to date.

I can assign automation to pads and keys in FL Studio, but I can't assign the tuning levels to any of those,- the closest I get for the moment, is using the pitch-function in the sequencer, although it needs to be programmed manually, and not "played" by hand.

Thanks.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:32 pm »
I can assign automation to pads and keys in FL Studio, but I can't assign the tuning levels to any of those,- the closest I get for the moment, is using the pitch-function in the sequencer, although it needs to be programmed manually, and not "played" by hand.
Can you use the mouse on the tune pads?

Don't you have the automation parameters i mentioned that's named 1-16 pitch in spark2s automation parameter list to be used for automation in your DAW?

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:03:33 pm »
There you see, it's nice to get help from people who knows more about this stuff..  ;D
I found it now, in the preferences, had to change the tune mode to pads instead of sequencer steps.
Then, I'll have to put it in tune mode in the LE gui, then I can change the gui and use the tune mode,- but I can't get out of it unless I change back to the LE gui.
The tune mode itself is only visible in the LE gui.

That solved it,- I can now play the tunings on my keyboard or pads, but only if I select the pad with the mouse first, but I'm happy with that.
Regarding the automation parameters, I've looked briefly into it now, but it's a puzzle to adjust it, since it seems that I'll need to adjust each pad with a specific pitch manually, but I'll look further into it (if I bother) later, but I only found the parameters in FL Studio, not the Spark 2 itself.
 I'm closer to what I want now anyway, so thanks a lot for your help so far,- you steered me in the right direction.
Thanks again.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 07:13:26 pm »
Great. Have fun.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines