March 28, 2024, 08:50:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pads not all being utilized in Ableton Live 10  (Read 1134 times)

reveurmort

Pads not all being utilized in Ableton Live 10
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:32:29 pm »
I've done a lot of digging for a solution but cannot seem to find one, so forgive me if this question has an obvious answer.

I got my Keylab mk2 last week and decided to give Live Lite a try since it came with it, ended up loving the program. Now I'm trying to produce my own sessions but I'm running into an obnoxious issue: the clips I load to each track only fill up the first 2 pads in a column. If I try to put 3 clips in a column, the 3rd pad down stays dark and I need to use the mouse to click the clip to force my pad to scroll to it.

Is this a limitation or is it the way the DAW Mode for Live is built? Are the bottom 8 pads used for something else? It seems pretty counter-intuitive to remove pad functionality in a program that makes heavy use of them.

Any insight would be appreciated, even if it's "You're dumb and doing it wrong" I'd love to know if I'm doing something wrong haha. Thanks!

Edit: My bad, I have a photo/screenshot to help illustrate the issue, forgot to put it up.

DAW View - As you can see I have 4 tracks with clips, the first track contains 6 clips

Here's what my pads look like

Pads 9 and 13 should be lit up too, right?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:35:53 pm by reveurmort »

LBH

Re: Pads not all being utilized in Ableton Live 10
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:00:03 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

No not to my understanding. As i understand it, then you can have access to 2 clips in 8 tracks at a time, The clips you have access to depend on where the cursor is in your DAW. The cursor can be moved using keylab MKII to give access to further clips.

Have a look at this video "Ep. 3: Integration with DAWS" here: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-mkii/media
Have a look from 5:51 in the video.

I don't have Keylab MKII or use Ableton Live, so i can't test.
I hope this will help anyway.

reveurmort

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 12:16:48 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

No not to my understanding. As i understand it, then you can have access to 2 clips in 8 tracks at a time, The clips you have access to depend on where the cursor is in your DAW. The cursor can be moved using keylab MKII to give access to further clips.

Have a look at this video "Ep. 3: Integration with DAWS" here: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-mkii/media
Have a look from 5:51 in the video.

I don't have Keylab MKII or use Ableton Live, so i can't test.
I hope this will help anyway.

Hey! Thanks for the welcome and the response!

You are absolutely right, confirmed by that video. It splits it up so you can access more track clips with the limited pads - which is way better than what I thought it should do. Thanks again for saving me a ton of headache!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:03:28 am »
Great. Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines