April 19, 2024, 04:04:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI SETUP QUESTION  (Read 1504 times)

laurenflax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI SETUP QUESTION
« on: May 20, 2020, 06:36:07 pm »
So I upgraded from the beat step pro to the key step pro and figured that my midi quadra hooked up to my external gear would automatically play through the tracks as it did in the BSP. (I don't remember having to change any of the midi channels before)

I can hear my drum machine and my TB -03, but get nothing from my Prophet 6, which is midi channel 1.
also trying to set up the modular rig but will take this one step at a time...need my prophet 6 up and running!

Any idea's on what's going on?

johndoe

Re: MIDI SETUP QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:01:42 pm »
So I upgraded from the beat step pro to the key step pro and figured that my midi quadra hooked up to my external gear would automatically play through the tracks as it did in the BSP. (I don't remember having to change any of the midi channels before)

I can hear my drum machine and my TB -03, but get nothing from my Prophet 6, which is midi channel 1.
also trying to set up the modular rig but will take this one step at a time...need my prophet 6 up and running!

Any idea's on what's going on?

Yeah sadly they redesigned the process from scratch go figure... you have to select each channel manually unfortunately, and there's not shortcut unlike with the BSP...

laurenflax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI SETUP QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:13:57 pm »
ok interesting. I got it working on, thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines