April 20, 2024, 07:04:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP, Ableton, USB Sync, and Transport Buttons  (Read 1223 times)

ky16bp

BSP, Ableton, USB Sync, and Transport Buttons
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:22:41 pm »
Hi! I was wondering if it is possible to do the following:

A) have the BSP synced to the Ableton by using USB Sync on the BSP; and

B) be able to trigger play, stop, and recording with the BSP transport buttons.

Maybe I have misunderstood something and this is not possible. So far I have assigned the BSP transport buttons to the Ableton Transports via the Ableton Assign MIDI menu on the top right corner. My "Link MIDI" options in Ableton look like this (see attachment).

Now, when I hit the play button on the BSP, a "stutter" loop results: it sounds as if the BSP triggers "Play" in Ableton, and milliseconds later "Play" is triggered again, ad infinitum.

This behavior does not occur when I do one of the following:

i. Deactivate Input: Arturia Beatstep Pro -> Remote. However, if I do this, B) does not work.

ii. Deactivate  Input: Arturia Beatstep Pro -> Sync. However, if I do this, B) works only partially: The BSP transports trigger Ableton to play, but any notes programmed in the BSP step sequencer are not being played.

Maybe/probably this behavior is to be expected and I'm missing something. Thanks for your advice!

Edit: I noticed that other posts in this forum seem to concern the very same problem. Apologies for the double post. Still, a solution would be nice! Like the other users report, too, everything works fine if BSP is in master mode. The issue only occurs in USB sync mode.
- https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101671.0
- https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87232.msg129619#msg129619
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:17:13 am by ky16bp »

whileman

Re: BSP, Ableton, USB Sync, and Transport Buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:32 pm »
+1 for this issue.

I'd like to use my BSP for transport and Mackie style control in Live but am also experiencing this stutter / repeated start / stop messages when trying to use BSP transport to start Live.

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines