March 29, 2024, 12:21:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Note Priority Backwards  (Read 1213 times)

andrewcecka

Note Priority Backwards
« on: May 19, 2020, 07:59:29 pm »
Do I not understand note priority?

I'm in paraphonic mode. I set note priority to "Low." I play a low note. Then I play three notes or more above it and the low note moves to the third lowest note from the highest down, even though I'm holding one note at the very bottom. I was expecting that note to remain no matter what since it's a held low key. "High" priority works the same way, but opposite. Hold a high note, play 3 or more low notes, and it cuts off my highest note to play the 3rd highest down low.

The manual states:

• Low - The lowest note you're holding keeps sustaining and other notes are cut
off;
• High - The highest note you're holding keeps sustaining and other notes are cut
off;
• Last - Held notes are cut off by the new ones you play.

So I have the behavior noted above, and then in "high" it holds the low note and in "low" it holds the high note, just the opposite of what I would expect. Am I dumb or crazy? Anybody else experiencing this?

I just got my Matrixbrute and immediately updated to the new firmware, so I don't know if this is new with the FW update or something else.

standingwave

Re: Note Priority Backwards
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34:35 am »
 The note priority settings only apply in mono mode, so it's possible to play articulations in different ways that players may be acostomed to on other classic synths. When in Paraphonic mode, each key press will steal a voice from another held key press in a somewhat unpredictable way.

It would be interesting in future development if Arturia' expand on the para mode to enhance how the voices are allocated. If we had a monopoly mode, it would be killer!
 Cheers.

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Note Priority Backwards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:17:09 pm »
I'm not with the MxB now, but in paraphonic mode it does behave differently than what one would expect from the labels. I don't remember what mode I tend to stick to, but it allows the lowest note to take priority (and I -believe- the last note is second priority). I never dared to report this as a bug, since I'm afraid there would be alterations to "my" mode.  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines