March 29, 2024, 11:54:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP  (Read 1484 times)

Sabatini2

• Apprentice
MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP
« on: May 19, 2020, 01:54:21 am »
Dear all,

I am from time to time in the situation, that I want to play in REALTIME with the BSP.
I can channelize my recordings by MiDi Channels, for SEQ-1 and SEQ-2. This works fine, so far but its miles of inconviniences, because I always have to change the MiDi Channel on the Masterkeyboard, to record SEQ-1 or SEQ-2.
Is there meanwhile any other option available - that I can "SELECT" the routing of MiDi Notes from the Keyboard to SEQ-1 or SEQ-2, via switching on the BSP.
I mean, that I can record the sequences, without channging the midi channels of the Keyboard.

The BSP is such a great tool with soo deep implemented features, that I think it should be possible.

I am currently using sometimes 2 small keyboards with different Midi Channels and use a merger to go into the BSP. 
But - this is not a satisfying solution, to be honest.

When I have Syths with a keyboard and have the "local off" option, its fine as well, but unfortunately ...
this is a nowadays gone lost feature.  and when going Modular - its not possible anyway.

Does anybody have an idea or just a better workaround?

I like the BSP and the lots of knobs makes it more comfortable than this new KeyStep.

Regards Toni

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:41:16 am »
What if you set the receive channels for the two SEQ's to the same channel?  Make it a different channel to the transpose channel and you won't get any interference.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Sabatini2

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 07:05:49 pm »
Hm,

Thank you for the answer, I think I understand what you mean, but I am not sure if the BSP can have for send and receive, a different channel.
And for the SEND of the Midi notes to the synth, I need then finally different Midi channels, because in the receiving Synth I can not do a transpose from the incoming Midi, back to the wanted range.   ::)

Hm , is nobody else  "RECORDING" sequences from a keyboard into the BSP?

Originally I thought, this is a BASIC FUNCTIONALITY in a multiple track stepsequencer with a Midi Interface.  Because other machines work exactly in this way.
For me, without this option the BSP is still degraded  -  even if I have 3 of them in my studio.
So I have the choice - for every track an own BSP, or for every track a seperate keyborad -
I thought, that the time will bring a solution to the arturia developers, but....  :(

Toni

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:15 am »
You can set a different input channel to the output channel using MCC (Device Settings) or by pressing shift-chan and selecting a step button (to set input channel for the currently selected track).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

sonik

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 09:10:00 pm »
The problem that brought me here is exactly this, there is no way to individually record arm the sequencers. If they are all set to midi 1 in and then midi 14,15,16 out they will ALL record when you play in and it's very obnoxious.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 06:20:27 am »
Oh I've just remembered that there is still a transpose bug too.....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines