May 27, 2020, 01:22:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP  (Read 91 times)

Sabatini2

• Apprentice
MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP
« on: May 19, 2020, 01:54:21 am »
Dear all,

I am from time to time in the situation, that I want to play in REALTIME with the BSP.
I can channelize my recordings by MiDi Channels, for SEQ-1 and SEQ-2. This works fine, so far but its miles of inconviniences, because I always have to change the MiDi Channel on the Masterkeyboard, to record SEQ-1 or SEQ-2.
Is there meanwhile any other option available - that I can "SELECT" the routing of MiDi Notes from the Keyboard to SEQ-1 or SEQ-2, via switching on the BSP.
I mean, that I can record the sequences, without channging the midi channels of the Keyboard.

The BSP is such a great tool with soo deep implemented features, that I think it should be possible.

I am currently using sometimes 2 small keyboards with different Midi Channels and use a merger to go into the BSP. 
But - this is not a satisfying solution, to be honest.

When I have Syths with a keyboard and have the "local off" option, its fine as well, but unfortunately ...
this is a nowadays gone lost feature.  and when going Modular - its not possible anyway.

Does anybody have an idea or just a better workaround?

I like the BSP and the lots of knobs makes it more comfortable than this new KeyStep.

Regards Toni

megamarkd

• GAS BAGGER
Re: MiDi Keyboard to record sequences on the BSP
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:41:16 am »
What if you set the receive channels for the two SEQ's to the same channel?  Make it a different channel to the transpose channel and you won't get any interference.
Currently running synths from Waldorf and Arturia, Drumsynths from Korg, MAM and IK Multimedia, sequencing it all with Arturia's looping steppers, mixing and recording it all with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Sabatini2

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 07:05:49 pm »
Hm,

Thank you for the answer, I think I understand what you mean, but I am not sure if the BSP can have for send and receive, a different channel.
And for the SEND of the Midi notes to the synth, I need then finally different Midi channels, because in the receiving Synth I can not do a transpose from the incoming Midi, back to the wanted range.   ::)

Hm , is nobody else  "RECORDING" sequences from a keyboard into the BSP?

Originally I thought, this is a BASIC FUNCTIONALITY in a multiple track stepsequencer with a Midi Interface.  Because other machines work exactly in this way.
For me, without this option the BSP is still degraded  -  even if I have 3 of them in my studio.
So I have the choice - for every track an own BSP, or for every track a seperate keyborad -
I thought, that the time will bring a solution to the arturia developers, but....  :(

Toni

megamarkd

• GAS BAGGER
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:15 am »
You can set a different input channel to the output channel using MCC (Device Settings) or by pressing shift-chan and selecting a step button (to set input channel for the currently selected track).
Currently running synths from Waldorf and Arturia, Drumsynths from Korg, MAM and IK Multimedia, sequencing it all with Arturia's looping steppers, mixing and recording it all with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines