March 28, 2024, 01:59:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Haze of Dreams Preset - Set to 428hz tuning  (Read 4565 times)

clarkio

Haze of Dreams Preset - Set to 428hz tuning
« on: May 16, 2020, 01:28:27 pm »
So using Stage 73 via Analog Lab came across the patch Haze of Dreams which sounded cool.  Recorded a few chord sequences but hen went to put other tracks to it sounded really out of tune.

After much puzzling I found that this patch has it's tuning set to 428hz rather than concert pitch of 440hz.  I don't remember changing this and it's there when I load the preset from scratch.  I'm sure I've had other instances of Arturia instruments sounding out of tune (not in a good way).

Just wondering why is it set to 428hz?  Is it deliberately flat to smear the patch sound relative to other instruments or is it just a mistake, or have I accientially changed it and saved it over the factory preset?

LBH

Re: Haze of Dreams Preset - Set to 428hz tuning
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 02:02:42 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The "Haze Of Dreams" preset is set to 428 Hz tuning. I can't tell you why. I would say it by default should be tuned to standard 440 Hz.
You can't overwrite factory presets, but you can change the tuning for the preset in the full Stage-73 appliction and use "Save As" to save it as a user preset.

clarkio

Re: Haze of Dreams Preset - Set to 428hz tuning
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 09:49:55 pm »
Thank you.  Thought I was going crazy for a while blaming my midi controllers for having a stuck pitch bend or similar but no it's just 12 cents flat.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines