April 24, 2024, 12:17:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse 8pre Front Input Won't reset (firmware issue?)  (Read 1972 times)

adriaak

• Apprentice
Audiofuse 8pre Front Input Won't reset (firmware issue?)
« on: May 15, 2020, 06:15:39 pm »
Hi!

So the situation:
Front input 2 will activate when XLR/Jack is plugged in, and back input 2 will be deactivated. Then when removing the cable, front input 2 stays activated and back input 2 will not be activated again. I can reactivate back input 2 by replugging the the cable on the back while the front is empty, or powering off and on the whole interface. I thought it might be physically broken, but going back to factory settings will fix this issue. Then when upgrading back to firmware 1.0.2, the problem is back unfortunately.

Some details:
This will happen in both USB and ADAT mode, with any cable, mic plugged in at the other end or not, and only at input 2. Input 1 is totally fine.
I do hear a click when plugging in a cable at the front, but don't hear the click when unplugging. Then when replugging the back or resetting power, I hear two clicks. Also the white LED does behave as you'd expect, it's off when nothing is plugged in and on if either back or front is plugged in. Yet when the back is not plugged in and I remove the cable at the front, the led will turn off but there's no click, suggesting that the input is still active I suppose? Rather odd..
Unit is three weeks old, bought new.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? If you have the Audiofuse 8pre, would you mind to check your unit and letting me know if you do or don't have this issue?
I'm hoping others have this too, and a firmware update could resolve this.

Have a nice day,
Adriaan

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:18:52 pm by adriaak »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Audiofuse 8pre Front Input Won't reset (firmware issue?)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 11:09:45 pm »
Hi Adriaan.
Yes you are right i also have this issue i never noticed in the update this as i was using only the rear inputs
i will report it in the beta forum for you but to get this fixed please report it to support as reports from end users push the chances of a quick fix faster.

many thanks
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

adriaak

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 01:19:13 pm »
Thanks for your reply!

I did also send a support ticket yesterday, got a reply telling me they know about and are working on it. The guy who replied promised me to check in with the team on monday, and update me about the situation in the next few days. I'll post that here when I receive it!

oliver

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:37:23 pm »
That's a new one ???

Can confirm the issue on port 2 of my unit. replugging solves the issue.

Best regards!

simonlittle

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 12:02:17 am »
Hi Adriaak
Yes mine does exactly the same thing. Hopefully it’ll be sorted out with a firmware update.
My 8Pre also has a weird volume discrepancy between left and right channels on the monitor and headphone outputs. Looks like another common issue (posted a separate thread about it). Arturia are testing other units so hopefully that’ll get a fix soon too.
I guess it’s still early days for these interfaces and hopefully these bugs will get ironed out soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines