April 19, 2024, 07:56:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem to sync arp with external clock.  (Read 1539 times)

kaioyoca2

• Apprentice
Problem to sync arp with external clock.
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:58:55 pm »
Hello everyone.
I apologize in advance for my english but I use google translator.

I use keystep as slave and an RC-505 as master clock, then a series of synths korg and volca after the keystep via a midi thru kenton splitter (RC-505 -> keystep -> midi splitter kenton -> volca bass, valca keys volca FM, roland tb-3).
Now, leaving aside the fact that every time I press play on the RC-505 of any track (there are 5 tracks to make loops) all the synthesizers always start in unison, but perhaps I have found a solution to this ... my problem is that using an external clock to the keystep, when I then go to use the arpeggiator, this always starts with a little delay.
I know that via an external clock the keystep arpeggiator will not synchronize, but is there really no solution for this?
Is it feasible in the future with new updates or is it impossible to do?  ???
Has anyone found alternative solutions? (also do it yourself is fine)
Do beatstep pro or the same keystep pro also have the same problem?
I would love to find an arpeggiator or a sequencer that works with an external slave clock, do you have anything to recommend?
Thanks.

Michele

kaioyoca2

• Apprentice
Re: Problem to sync arp with external clock.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:45:42 am »
Is anyone still in this forum or is it abandoned?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:53:58 am by kaioyoca2 »

kaioyoca2

• Apprentice
Re: Problem to sync arp with external clock.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:52:38 am »
It doesn't matter I solved it myself. It was enough to block the signal of "start / stop" from my boss to the keystep with a particular cable mod.
Except that I had to spend more than 70 euros between shipping and the rest for this. It is not normal that an option so easy to implement has not yet been put. The ARC function on the Midi Center does not work like this.
Just add an option to disable incoming start and stop messages, I don't think it's that difficult if you can do it with a mod cable!
Now the arpeggiator and the sequencer are timed and not all the synths start playing in unison every time I click on a track of the loop, but above all (and this is the function that many people would like I think I understand), when I click on the arpeggiator or the sequencer there is no type of latency and they start immediately, I keep the boss clock!
The problem is that I almost had to buy 2 keystep with the amount I spent and only for one stupid function! Awake!
I hope at least that it will be useful to someone else ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:59:17 am by kaioyoca2 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines