March 29, 2024, 10:15:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MCC / MIDI Control Center erases my sequences no matter what!  (Read 1263 times)

fifthestate

• Apprentice
I recently bought a brand new Keystep (one week ago). I paid full retail from Sweetwater. I immediately installed the new firmware and downloaded the MCC. It was working at first then it stopped functioning properly. I went back to the resources, downloaded new MCC version, it worked once or twice backing up sequences. It was sporadically working. Now, MCC deletes all my sequences stored in the memory of the Keystep no matter what I do. No further changes to software or firmware, but performance / predictability of this item and it's attendant software continues to degrade. I've tried the following:

* Plain old sync
* Recall To
* Store To
* Sync -> Recall To
* Un-sync -> Recall To
* Sync -> Store To
* Un-sync -> Store To
* Unplug / re-plug
* Reboot
* Reinstall
* Reflash
* DIP combos
* Using standalone VST / DAW / Visualizer

Regardless, it creates a new (EMPTY!) template and DELETES the recorded sequences in controller memory. EVERY. TIME. No matter what I do.

I'm using MCC version 1.11.1.1538 on Mac OS X 10.14.3 (Mojave) via USB (factory USB cord) and Keystep firmware rev. 1.1.0.28 set to internal mode (DIPs). Very frustrated. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix or should I begin the RMA process? I was excited to use this controller and if all went well, I was planning to get the Keystep Pro next.

Am I missing something simple? Did I get a defective unit?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:39:21 am by fifthestate »

gphantom

Re: MCC / MIDI Control Center erases my sequences no matter what!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:33:15 pm »
I'd relay that to the support team so that they could either confirm a problem or let you know you're doing something wrong.  I know that reading every part of the manuals is really suggested ( I know I like to skip different parts but have to re-read after reading different sections then going back to where I was)

fifthestate

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 03:27:08 am »
Thanks. Did that same day. Did that too. Waiting to hear back. Read it front to back. Several times. Never a bad idea. I can't believe I'm the first... what luck.

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 03:15:48 pm »
It's a tough job but, someone's gotta be first.  I discovered one bug in the Modular V3 where one key C4# triggered a sequencer when I selected C4 and it took several revisions and a few years before they corrected it but, it finally happened.  What was the luck that no one else triggered a sequencer on C4...

fifthestate

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 09:57:13 am »
gphantom: Glad your situation got resolved, unless you breathe midi and opcodes it's just waiting for others with that knowledge to take action on your behalf. tldr stay off the black keys ;)

Ok, I got an email from Arturia support (April 28, fairly quick). I followed the instructions and now I can save sequences again without nuking the device memory. In case anyone else has this problem, the instructions came in two categories, Keystep and MCC:

Keystep instructions:

1- Please reinstall the latest Firmware update using the MIDI Control Center
2- Please perform a Factory Reset to your KeyStep,To factory reset your KeyStep, follow these simple steps:
 The Octave buttons are also used to reset all features of your KeyStep back to  the  factory specifications. To do this:
 - Unplug KeyStep from its power source
 - Press the Oct- and Oct+ buttons and keep them down
 - Plug KeyStep back into the power source, KeyStep will go through a longer  version of its power-up LED sequence, which will end with the Hold/Shift/Oct-/    Oct+ buttons flashing in a circular pattern twice.

MCC Instructions:

I- Please uninstall the MIDI Control Center using the following application:
https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
(just drag and drop the MCC icon on the application and uninstall.
II- Download the following version of the MIDI Control Center:
http://downloads.arturia.net/extra/mcc/MIDI_Control_Center_1_11_0_1513_ALLPRODUCTS.pkg
II- Install the MIDI Control Center using that installer.

My response to the response was a bit late as I wanted to make sure it was resolved. Not sure which step exactly fixed it, but it works. Thank you thank you!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:32:39 am by fifthestate »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines