March 29, 2024, 08:34:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute Sub Oscillator Issue  (Read 2412 times)

bca

MicroBrute Sub Oscillator Issue
« on: March 16, 2020, 07:27:43 pm »
I'm repeating my post (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1302118-microbrute-sub-oscillator-issue.html) here, as it seems this is the most likely place to get help. Other MB users seem to confirm that I do have some 5th component in my sub oscillator even with the Sub>5th knob turned all the way down.

Check out my audio comparison of my regular square wave vs the sub osc here: https://soundcloud.com/droveloder/microbrute-square-vs-sub-oscwav. (note the track thumbnail shows the sub's waveform I recorded).

Can anyone confirm if adjusting trim pot "T7" (saw amplitude) will do the trick?

I'd guess that if the knob could turn another 1/2 step counter-clockwise, all 5th harmonics would be eliminated (which is what I need for sub-bass patches)

bca

Re: MicroBrute Sub Oscillator Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:41 am »
Problem solved. It just required a slight adjustment of trim pot "T7".

If anyone else needs to perform this adjustment, here's how:
-setup a basic patch with the filter open, the sub oscillator level at max and the 5th turned all the way down.
-flip the MB upside down
-remove all the screws on the bottom cover
-tilt the cover/keyboard assembly up out of the way but keep the ribbon cable connected
-Locate trim pot T7 (if the unit is upside down, it will be a sunken-in screw on the mid-left area of the circuit board, labelled "T7")
-get a tiny slot or phillips screwdriver that will fit it.
-plug in the unit, attach headphones
-hold down a note on the keyboard and turn T7 until you hear the overtones disappear.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines