March 29, 2024, 12:26:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP not playing at all when triggered from midi  (Read 1573 times)

vinals

• Apprentice
ARP not playing at all when triggered from midi
« on: May 13, 2020, 08:39:12 pm »
I have a Nord Stage 3 sending midi out to the midi in on the Mf(latest firmware). The notes and CCs work as intended but when I enable the Arp there is no sound. I am pretty sure I'm not causing any midi loops and I have tried to solve this for an hour but to no avail:( Anyone else experiencing this?

mchest

• Apprentice
Re: ARP not playing at all when triggered from midi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:10:48 pm »
similar, but it was caused by this midi loop bollocks

are you using the usb at same time?
I'll have another look

BigNoseChimp

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:22:22 pm »
Have you tried checking the midi input channel in the utility menu? If that's set incorrectly the arp may not trigger.

vinals

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 03:00:18 pm »
Yep. seems that whenever i use the midi ports and usb at the same time everything goes berserk even if you have midi output destination set to none. My microfreak even sends notes into midi as well when the midi output destination set to none :(

BLEO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The dUmmydroMe
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:31 pm »

I have a Nord Stage 3 sending midi out to the midi in on the Mf(latest firmware). The notes and CCs work as intended but when I enable the Arp there is no sound. I am pretty sure I'm not causing any midi loops and I have tried to solve this for an hour but to no avail:( Anyone else experiencing this?

Sounds like a classic clock issue. Check your settings. If you're set to anything other than Int or Auto, the arp isn't playing because it's waiting for an external clock signal.

Manakacha Studio

• Cours et Production Musicale
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 11:23:17 am »
Same problem here with usb ! thanks to the forum , sync in AUTO mode seems to work perfectly .

;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines