March 28, 2024, 02:37:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab MKII With FL Studio  (Read 4623 times)

Dany Dean

KeyLab MKII With FL Studio
« on: May 12, 2020, 03:02:19 pm »
Hi All,

Did Somebody happen to perfectly map KeyLab MKII with FL Studio ?

Thanks.

StoffeGbg

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab MKII With FL Studio
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:42:02 am »
 had similar problems with FL Studio, mostly non-working transport-buttons and faders. But, I found a solution.
For DAW-mode on the KeyLab, make sure you have Standard MCU selected.
In FL Studio, the Midi-settings should look like in the attached pic.
Basically, choose "Mackie Control Universal" as input controller type for MIDIIN2 , the Output type for MIDIOUT2 will automatically select the same.

The important part is to have the same port on MIDIOUT2 and MIDIIN2, as shown in the pic. It doesn't have to be 10,
as in my case. But I like to have the lower ports available for other gear.This will make all transportation buttons available, and the sliders and knobs will show values in the LCD

See if these settings improve your situation.

juap

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 06:32:12 am »
I can’t believe MKII dont have support on FL studio... I recently buy the keyboard and I really regret, i don’t have time to remap the whole keyboard in order to partially work on fl studio. We need a preset file with the full midimap for the keyboard, its a file.

javo01

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 01:49:45 am »
+1! It would definitely be a nice addition to have full support of the Keylab on FL Studio. It's one of the two DAWs I use and right now I'm basically limited to using the other one, because even with the workaround above, using the Keylab with FL Studio as it is right now is very awkward and frustrating.

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »
I thought the pads were hard at first too, especially compared to ones on my Korg M3. However I don't know if it is because of the upgrades that Arturia comes out with or the fact the default for the pads in settings (Linear) has improved, but I find it easy to get between 90 and 120 rather easily with a direct hit to the center and quieter hits if I go off center. I think it's very usable. I'm testing with Superior Drummer 3. But with only 16 pads and many many articulations available in SD3, I usually just lay down a beat with pads and use my keyboard which I've mapped (originally for BFD3, MAY IT RIP!)

radford

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 05:39:36 pm »
I've gotten FL Studio to run with my Keylab 61 mk2 keyboard and it works pretty well. I've only recently gotten Analog Lab running in FL Studio 20.8. I'll still need to make a video on how to set this up. See this thread:

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=1570035

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 05:57:14 pm by radford »

radford

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:54 am »
To update, videos describing setup and features of the midi script available here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLet-RTUimaMTyzOR9OvTb7-DQWe5RmWY8

Github to midiscript here:
http://github.com/rjuang/flstudio-arturia-keylab-mk2

Also, the script is compatible/tested on Essential keyboards as well. I have someone actively helping me test on Essential keyboard.

Edit: There's a bunch of newer changes I didn't capture in the video. For example, I now light up the pads in the color of the channel rack track selected.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 07:20:04 am by radford »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines