April 19, 2024, 03:04:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control Mode MIDI Receive  (Read 1014 times)

IanJTurner

• Apprentice
Control Mode MIDI Receive
« on: May 08, 2020, 05:46:42 pm »
Hi

Disclaimer first - I love my Beatstep Pro - it's re-invigorated my music making.  There's something about tactile hardware control that I find very pleasing, and the BSP provides plenty of that.

Now onto my gripe.  I was disappointed, whilst experimenting with Controller Mode and the Generic Remote in Cubase 10, to discover that the BSP seems to not be able to receive CC data.  The lack of a 'Controller Mode In' MIDI Channel setting in the MIDI Control Center would seem to confirm this - as would the info I've been able to find about it on the internet and in these forums.

This means that the encoders are not able to react to the position of the knobs on any virtual instruments and will instead cause the virtual instrument's paramater to jump to the position of the BSP encoder.  In addition to this - the workaround of setting the encoder to 'Pickup Mode' in Cubase's Generic Remote seems to have no effect either.

I have much cheaper/older controllers whose encoders can respond to MIDI CCs as well as send them, so I can't see that it would be too problematic to enable this function.  In summary, my feature request is the ability for the Beatstep Pro to recieve as well as send MIDI CC data in Control Mode.  I'm half hoping that someone will tell me I'm an idiot and I'm doing something wrong, but I suspect not - in this case at least!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:48:40 pm by IanJTurner »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines