March 29, 2024, 10:46:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mouse-wheel support for Dials/Sliders and option to enter values from keyboard?  (Read 2339 times)

weltergeist

After trying a few demos of soft-synths especially Pigments,  I find to my chagrin that mouse-wheel is not supported and neither is entering values from keyboard.
I really like the sound and architecture but not having these basic(in 2020) ergonomy features is real deal-breaker for me.
Clicking and fine-tuning sliders all day is a good way to get carpal tunnel real fast. Believe me I know  ::)

I'm curious if :
1) Such features are planned ever?
2) Am I the only one who thinks this is crucial?

Thanks ahead for anyone who replies  :)

doublestop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yeah!  I am going to strongly side with the above suggestion!   I have a LOT of other plugins where Mouse Scroll wheel moves a knob or slider!  everything from Native Instruments, Surge, VCV Rack, Valhalla, Spitfire Audio.....  Lots of VST's support it! ,  moving a Scroll wheel is so much more  of a natural method of movement.  Click and Drag is not the way you move a real world  control.. It's counterintuitive!!!   It's annoying when you come to rely on that method of controller parameters and then come a cross a Plugin that doesn't support it!  C'mon Arturia!!!  It's time to at least opt in for that feature! 

VoxFisa333

• Apprentice
I could go for that big time with things like the ARP 2600 and Moog Modular

jameslucas

After trying a few demos of soft-synths especially Pigments,  I find to my chagrin that mouse-wheel is not supported and neither is entering values from keyboard.
I really like the sound and architecture but not having these basic(in 2020) ergonomy features is real deal-breaker for me.
Clicking and fine-tuning sliders opautoclicker all day is a good way to get carpal tunnel real fast. Believe me I know  ::)

I'm curious if :
1) Such features are planned ever?
2) Am I the only one who thinks this is crucial?

Thanks ahead for anyone who replies  :)
Yeah!  I am going to strongly side with the above suggestion!   I have a LOT of other plugins where Mouse Scroll wheel moves a knob or slider!  everything from Native Instruments, Surge, VCV Rack, Valhalla, Spitfire Audio.....  Lots of VST's support it! ,  moving a Scroll wheel is so much more  of a natural method of movement.  Click and Drag is not the way you move a real world  control.. It's counterintuitive!!!   It's annoying when you come to rely on that method of controller parameters and then come a cross a Plugin that doesn't support it!  C'mon Arturia!!!  It's time to at least opt in for that feature!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 10:27:00 am by jameslucas »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Good lord YES PLEASE!!
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines