March 28, 2024, 12:39:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments Standalone can't use ASIO4All after BIOS Update  (Read 1611 times)

Tonimeloni

• Apprentice
Pigments Standalone can't use ASIO4All after BIOS Update
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:17:20 pm »
Hello everyone,

This morning I made a BIOS Update on my Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo ThinkPad. Now, the Standalone version of Pigments cannot access the Asio4all Driver anymore. It is weird, because the V Coll standalone synths seem to work fine. Also, Pigments is running perfectly with Asio4All when started from Reaper.

When I want to select the Asio4All Driver in Pigments standalone, it just says "Failed to change the audio setup: please try another..."

I have tried reinstalling Pigments as well as Asio4All. Also, I deleted the temporary files of Pigments. Still no difference. Any ideas? (except downflashing to the older BIOS version)

Every idea is appreciated!

LBH

Re: Pigments Standalone can't use ASIO4All after BIOS Update
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 01:47:41 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

In need of other suggestions:
How did you reinstall Pigments?
Have you tried to clean Pigments preferences through Arturia Software Center?

Are your Windows 10 fully updated?
Have you done and Windows Disk Clean that include cleaning of system files and Windows update?
Have you tried a Windows System file scan and repair - a SFC/scannow?

I think it's strange, if you only have issues with Pigments, and that it's apparantly only the standalone version you have issues with.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:50:30 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 08:45:33 pm »
BTW - does it work with Windows own Wasabi driver? Look like you use the internal Windows audio soundcard.

Tonimeloni

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 12:14:17 am »
Hi LBH! Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

How did you reinstall Pigments?
I uninstalled and installed Pigments through the Arturia Software Center

Have you tried to clean Pigments preferences through Arturia Software Center?
Yes, I did that now. The software center doesn't give any response whether it did it or not, but I guess this is the way it is. To be sure, I hit the button twice.

Are your Windows 10 fully updated?
Yes, I just updated my Windows 10.

Have you done and Windows Disk Clean that include cleaning of system files and Windows update?
Done.

Have you tried a Windows System file scan and repair - a SFC/scannow?
Also did that now. There were actually broken files that were repaired.

However, the problem still remains the same. :(

BTW - does it work with Windows own Wasabi driver? Look like you use the internal Windows audio soundcard.
Yes, this actually works. However only down to a buffer size of 256 samples. The latency is 5.3ms, which is okay-ish. But with ASIO4All I was able to have 0.7ms. This felt definitely better. And yes, I am using the built-in internal soundcard (Conexant) for now. Until now, it worked completely fine.

I think I will just never ever update BIOS on Lenovo PCs anymore. A friend of mine couldn't use his docking station anymore after a Lenovo BIOS update because it just wouldn't work anymore. Apparently these updates are complete garbage and mess something up instead of bringing improvements.

Edit: I was just thinking: Is it possible that Pigments just doesnt find Asio4All for some reason? Can I set something like the default path of audio drivers in Pigments? I had a look but could not find such an option.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:34:11 am by Tonimeloni »

Tonimeloni

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 01:01:01 am »
So I think I am getting closer to the solution:

Pigments Standalone works with Asio4All when I am logged in as administrator. However, it does not when I'm logged in as underprivileged user.

I read in the Asio4All manual that Asio4All might not be accessible when installed as underprivileged user. It says after installation with an admin user it should work as underprivileged user as well. So I relogged in with my admin account and reinstalled Asio4All. Switching to underprivileged user --> doesn't work.

I also reinstalled Pigments when logged into the admin account. However, it still only works when I run pigments as administrator and not as underprivileged user. Sure, there are half-solutions now like executing Pigments as administrator. But it worked before regularly with an underprivileged user. So there has to be some way to make it run  ???

LBH

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 01:23:07 pm »
What if you make the Windows account you use a administrator account?

Tonimeloni

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 11:40:27 am »
I wanna avoid that for security reasons. I just run Pigments as admin for now until I find a better solution! Thanks for you help anyway!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines