March 28, 2024, 03:19:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any tip on High CPU usage when using Analog Lab?  (Read 8011 times)

carloceluque

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Any tip on High CPU usage when using Analog Lab?
« on: May 09, 2020, 02:30:05 am »
Hi Arturia Friends,

When I use some patches in AL I hear some glitches noises and I can see that the CPU usage is very high! Just one instance of AL on my DAW is enough to eat up the CPU power! Is there any tip on how to reduce it? Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:35:56 am by carloceluque »

LBH

Re: Any tip on High CPU usage when using Analog Lab?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 01:36:19 pm »
Hi,

Which OS do you use?
Which excact CPU do you have?
Are your computer optimized for high performance? Do you run on battery or using power cable?
Which soundcard do you use? Which audio driver? What is the samplerate settings? Which buffer size do you use?
Can you name a few presets you have issues with? How many notes do you have playing at the same time?

All of the above can have an impact.
In Arturias applications alone, you only have the audio/ soundcard settings, the sounds you use and the way you use the sounds. The rest is about performance from other things.

carloceluque

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 05:21:08 pm »
LBH,

I know that all components you mentioned above is related to the issue I am facing but what I am trying to say is that DESPITE all my professional setup I have, Analog Lab became a very high CPU consumption VSTi! I have lots of other VSTi including U-HE Repro1-5 which is very CPU hunger too but until now no one has taken my CPU to that drowing status. That is a pity because I will think twice in order to use Analog Lab again.

Thank you very much for trying to help me, I know that my system is a little old but until now it worked good with lots of vsts.

Thank you very much

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »
Analog Lab have a lot of sounds. Most of the presets does'nt use a lot of CPU, but yes some can put some load on a CPU, just like some other vst's use more or less CPU. So you have to be more specific.
Keep in ind, that analog Lab use Presets coming form many different applications.

Which tips was you looking for?
Perhaps i also have some different tips, if you  mention specific presets.

You mention Repro-5. Arturias Prophet 5 presets in Analog Lab does'nt use more CPU than that does - actually it use less, just to give an example.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:52:39 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines