April 27, 2024, 02:13:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: one-click scrolling through dropdown box options  (Read 1311 times)

davew

• Apprentice
one-click scrolling through dropdown box options
« on: May 08, 2020, 09:24:36 pm »
Sometimes I'm not sure which option I want for a certain parameter, and I want to scroll through all the options and quickly audition/compare them. In these cases, it would be helpful to be able to use the scroll wheel or to click just one time to select the next option. This includes the modulator wave shape, wavefolding shape, and phase distortion target shape.

I greatly appreciate how much attention Arturia has given to user-friendliness and practicality of the amazing Pigments GUI. This would continue that trend.

wpostma

• Apprentice
Re: one-click scrolling through dropdown box options
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 04:08:16 am »
Do you mean that you want to be able to have a keyboard key or a midi cc that will basically act as a page-next and page-previous control?

If I could map four CCs I would like there to be a "Navigate-Sub-Next", and "Navigate-Sub-Previous". If I'm on the first oscillator tab on the SYNTH main-tab, then "sub-next" should tab me among the oscillators on the Synth main-tab.

The others would be "Navigate-TopLevel-Next" and "Navigate-TopLevel-Previous" taht would take me between Synth, Fx, and SEQ.

With four buttons on my beatstep I could observe all the various MAIN UI pages without using my mouse.

If I could have all of that happen when I hit the "TAB" (navigate-sub-next) and Shift+Tab (navigate-sub-prev) key on my keyboard as well, changing pages,  and then Ctrl+Tab, and Ctrl+Shift-Tab for the top level tabs.

davew

• Apprentice
Re: one-click scrolling through dropdown box options
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 10:41:10 pm »
I'm often playing my keyboard with one hand while using my mouse to make synth adjustments. My original suggestion referred to the mouse wheel or a mouse click-and-drag, to rapidly scroll through/audition options on synth parameters that have pop-up option boxes.

I also find your suggestions really interesting, as they further expand upon the idea of making input even more efficient.

Given the impressive recent update, I look forward to seeing how this amazing synth continues to evolve.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines