April 26, 2024, 02:31:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VC7 - Does it include the Analog Lab sound banks that are on sale?  (Read 2100 times)

mangopro

RE: Soundbank sale that ends May 7th.

I plan on upgrading from Analog Lab to V Collection eventually. With the soundbank and preset sale going on right now, I'm tempted to purchase several of them. However, if a lot of them are just copies of the presets that are already included in VC, I'd rather save that money for when I upgrade. Does that make sense? The V Collections page is pretty vague, so I can't tell if these presets are paid extras for Analog/included with VC OR if they are paid extras for both:
(https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds)

I know V Collection has several thousand more presets than AL, but was unsure if they are the soundbanks on that page. Silly question I know, but rather safe than sorry when it comes to my software spending right now.

Thank you for your time  ;D

LBH

Re: VC7 - Does it include the Analog Lab sound banks that are on sale?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:53:22 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I'm a user.

The soundpacks are not included in the product Analog Lab 4.
The Synthopedia soundpack is included in the product V-Collection V7. Can't tell, if this will be the case in V-Collection V8.
I can't tell if a few presets in other soundpacks are included, but if so, then it's only a few.
Some of the xtra soundpacks are free to download and use.

BTW: I think the the full version of Analog Lab 4 have all the none soundpack factory sounds from V-Collection 7. But you have much more control over the sounds by having the full individual applications. The individual applications can even be opened inside Analog Lab, as well they can be used by them self outside Analog Lab. There are things you can't do, if you don't have the individual full applications, as you only have few parameters availble in Analog Lab alone.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:25:40 pm by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:03:06 pm »
BTW: I think the the full version of Analog Lab 4 have all the none soundpack factory sounds from V-Collection 7.
Mostly. It has only a small selection of the presets from the most recent Arturia instruments (Synthi V, Pigments, CZ V, Melotron V) presumably because Arturia have learned their lesson that if they continue to include all the instruments' presets with Analog Lab a huge chunk of potential buyers won't bother buying the V Collection.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

mangopro

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:28:27 pm »
BTW: I think the the full version of Analog Lab 4 have all the none soundpack factory sounds from V-Collection 7.
Mostly. It has only a small selection of the presets from the most recent Arturia instruments (Synthi V, Pigments, CZ V, Melotron V) presumably because Arturia have learned their lesson that if they continue to include all the instruments' presets with Analog Lab a huge chunk of potential buyers won't bother buying the V Collection.

That makes sense.
~ ~ ~

I currently have the Analog Lab 4 trial while I wait for my keyboard to come in; I know these packs aren't included with AL4.  :) However, I may upgrade to V Collection in the fall. I wanted to see if there was a way to know which soundbanks are included with V Collection so I don't spend ~40 dollars on the same soundbanks twice. I don't think they should be free, but the wording on the product pages for AL and VC is a little vague about what's included, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.  :)

Will need many of the sound effect packs (like Alien Landscape, XTGrain, Twilight Descent etc) for a sound design project this summer, so I'll get them and hope for the best. As LBH pointed out, Sythopedia is included with V Collection 7, so I guess I'll just stay away from the bigger packs because those seem more likely to be duplicates.

Thanks to both of you for the info!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:31:22 pm by mangopro »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 09:30:58 pm »
Oh yes - I think i've heard that before but forgot about it. Thanks.
I actually think that's fair, as you got lots of possibilities in Analog Lab.

Thanks to both of you for the info!  ;D
Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines