March 29, 2024, 12:43:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: High pitched noise on Mix output  (Read 2636 times)

Louis

High pitched noise on Mix output
« on: May 06, 2020, 01:50:02 am »
Hello there,

I’ve just received my DrumBrute Impact and I have already experienced several issue during the first minutes of use.

- Mix Output is making a terrible high pitched noise. The noise level is constant across all the main volume knob range, except it transforms into white noise between 12 and 14 o’clock then goes back to the high pitched noise up to max volume.

The noise is not present on headphones and individual outputs. Only on the Mix output !

It is absolutely not a ground loop, I only have my mixer which is grounded, and all of my instruments are not grounded (they all have ungrounded DC plugs, no USB, no MIDI).

Now that I have many synths plugged to my mixer, the DB Impact is the only one being problematic.
Ok my other gear are somehow noisy when I push the gain and volume too high, but nothing unusual.
There I’m talking about the DrumBrute making a high pitched note !

- Sometimes the instruments are triggering two times in a row. This happens generally after toggling Color, then the next pad I hit will be double trigged. Also happens randomly even when hitting hard.

I don’t want to be that guy but the DB Impact that I have ordered as “new” from Thomann was received as B-Stock product and had traces of use (nail marks around knobs, fingerprints, opened plastic bags).

addhitman

Re: High pitched noise on Mix output
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 06:35:18 pm »
I have the EXACT same issue. Bought new 12/2021 from Sweetwater. Noise frequency peaks around 1k and is constantly heard. Can't record anything, which makes it useless.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines