April 23, 2024, 07:07:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab MK2 Fl studio LOTS of issues  (Read 1414 times)

jasperstaal

Keylab MK2 Fl studio LOTS of issues
« on: May 05, 2020, 06:54:22 pm »
Hey guys,
i bought a keylab mk2 hoping it would be plug and play, but its turning out to be more like "plug and pray".

TLDR: Analog lab and daw mode are not working properly in FL studio 20, so im stuck with user mode.

i'm hoping to get some issues resolved (And am aware of the limitations FL Studio has due to MCU)

Questions: Can i map EVERYTHING (including OSD and arturia wheel to scroll presets) in User mode?

Issues:

-Analog Lab mode sometimes works, sometimes just doesn't. Everything is mapped to the correct midi channel

-Multiple instances of analog lab can't be seperately edited in AnalogLab mode. If i change the attack on one synth, the other one also changes, if i change the preset on one, the other one changes, etc, I know this is propbably due to midi mapping, but how else should i be alble to get both my faders and knobs AND my on screen display working. (basically, the analog lab mode is pointles in FL studio unless you just use one instance of analog lab. Which is torture, as the synth is too good to just use once).

-Daw mode doesnt control all parameters. I know this is fixed by using loop midi and Bome midi translator

Which leaves me at this frustrating position: DAW Mode and Analog Lab mode are severely crippled in FL Studio, and i'm basically stuck using User mode via loopmidi and BOME midi translation tool. Which is making my head spin at this moment.

Luckily i still have the option to return the keyboard, but i really dig the whole package and can imagine using it a LOT if it actually works, so i just want to double check if im not missing something here, or overlooking something. And unfortunately, i'd ratcher switch KB instead of DAW.

Any tips are welcome. I've tried most things i've googled alreay, most helpful was a guy named Kaitav on the image line forums with some good suggestions.

Sorry if this is a tad bit of a rant,i just spent 10 hours trying to get this thing to work properly so my annoyance levels are over 9000  :P

StoffeGbg

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab MK2 Fl studio LOTS of issues
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 06:11:51 pm »
I had problems with FL Studio support for the KeyLab aswell, mostly non-working transport-buttons and faders/knobs. But, I found a solution.
For DAW-mode on the KeyLab, make sure you have Standard MCU selected.

In FL Studio, the Midi-settings should look like in the attached pic.Basically, choose "Mackie Control Universal" as input controller type for MIDIIN2 , the Output type for MIDIOUT2 will automatically select the same.
The important part is to have the same port on MIDIOUT2 and MIDIIN2, as shown in the pic. It doesn't have to be 10,
as in my case. But I like to have the lower ports available for other gear.

This will make all transportation buttons available, and the sliders/knobs will show values in the LCD

See if these settings improve your situation.

radford

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab MK2 Fl studio LOTS of issues
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:08:45 am »
Windows does not support simultaneous connections to the same midi port. So, if FL Studio is connected to the MIDIOUT port, Analog Lab will be unable to connect to it. There is a work around which is to use midi script api to forward to a different port in FL Studio. 

If you'd like, I have a custom midi script that makes mkII (and essential keyboards as well) a lot nicer to use in FL Studio. See this:
http://github.com/rjuang/flstudio-arturia-keylab-mk2

Setup instructions and features are in this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLet-RTUimaMTyzOR9OvTb7-DQWe5RmWY8

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines