April 26, 2024, 10:20:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Interface not recognised by iMac  (Read 1663 times)

Anilc88

Interface not recognised by iMac
« on: May 04, 2020, 05:46:42 pm »
Hello everyone.

I recently bought the Silver Audiofuse and read through the manual carefully. I managed to install the software and to connect it to the iMac ( 2 plugs in the interface, 1 in the mac). Unfortunately the iMac does not recognise the interface in my audio system preferences. It runs on Mojave 10.14.6. I have tried to restart the computer, unplug and replug but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried to connect they interface to my macbook which runs on the latest Catalina version but my macbook doesn't recognise the interface either. I've run out of ideas and need your help. Really want to record new songs!

ashleysaturdays

• Apprentice
    • Heard City
Re: Interface not recognised by iMac
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:53 pm »
I ran into the same issue when I first tried to use mine...had to do a nearly comical voodoo dance of plugging in USB and power in different orders till I got it to see the device. Then an entirely different set of shenanigans when I tried to update firmware.

I believe what ultimately worked for me was having the AudioFuse Control Center open and running, firmware update already downloaded and waiting on my mac, plug in AC power,  then plug both usb plugs into mac and cross your fingers.

Update firmware right away by navigating to the packet and running upgrade.

Once I got through this it has been relatively stable ever since, other than my previous posts regarding sleep/wake and conflict with internal audio.

I will say I had to plug in and unplug repeatedly for about an hour before I could get it my mac to recognize it originally.

Good luck.
Seth
-------------------
MiniLab MKII
AudioFuse 1.1.1
Mac OS 10.14.6
PTs Ultimate 2019.6.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines