March 29, 2024, 02:28:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Adjustable Gate Voltage Out for S-trig output?  (Read 1273 times)

nikarga

Adjustable Gate Voltage Out for S-trig output?
« on: May 04, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »
I bought the KSP with the hope that it can fire my Moog Modular 911 EGs correctly considering the ability to change the Gate output of one of the tracks to S-trig.  I have 3.5mm to Cinch Jones passive cables that work just fine triggered out of my Cirklon..

The KSP doesn't work great in this regard.  While it can semi trigger my Moog (in that the EGs are triggered), it seems as though the voltage is too low..  when a key is pressed, the EG fires but the sound is much softer, as if i have dialed back the attack to let it fade in somewhat.  It never reaches a loud maximum amplitude either.  Is there a way to adjust the voltage higher.. or maybe change one of the drum gate outputs (that i believe have 12V), to an S-trig output?   

If there's no workaround unfort this is going back.  :(

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Adjustable Gate Voltage Out for S-trig output?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 12:04:25 pm »
Hello Nikarga.

I'm not 100% sure why this would happen, but I guess that your modular EGs are S-Trig switch triggers, am I correct?

We provide S-Trig mode, but I dont' know why the behavior changes on your side.
Which is weird, because from what I understand, in the opposite of V-Trig, switch triggers are fired when the voltage falls at 0.
We can try to investigate further on this matter, would you be ok to reach the support about this? https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

In the meantime, I found these these cables to convert a V-Trig to S-Trig format: https://www.synthesizers.com/qmvs.html

Best regards
DGDGDGDGDG

nikarga

Re: Adjustable Gate Voltage Out for S-trig output?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:13:58 pm »
I have sent a message to support, waiting to hear back.

You are correct, indeed they are S-trig switch triggers and as I mentioned, my Cirklon sequencer has no problem - its the Keystep and Keystep pro that have this issue.
I don't need or want to spend more money on special cables - I would just hope that the S-trig outputs work as advertised on the Keystep Pro.

Thanks Edouard, lets see what support comes back with.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines