March 29, 2024, 01:00:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bulk Sysex Import  (Read 4088 times)

JustJames

• Apprentice
Bulk Sysex Import
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:26:45 pm »
Hi
I really like the Sysex import in DX 7 V - however, the broad range of sounds available today makes it quite cumbersome to import a Systex file at a time. Would it be possible to consider a feature to bulk import a folder with SysEx files? In this way, the bank could be just named after the folder name and the SysEx files would reside under each folder in the DX 7 V brower.

An alternative could be to find a way to find a way to make DeXed send a patch over a midi bus to DX 7 V.

LBH

Re: Bulk Sysex Import
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:12:48 pm »
Hi,

I think that in a way is allready possible.
Have you tried to put (not import, just paste) your sysex files in a folder you name yourself? It shall be in a subfolder inside the USER folder in the PRESET folder. The presets bank name will be the name you give the subfolder.
If you are on windows presets are located in the hidden folder ProgramData and on MAC in the Library.
I suggest you try.

JustJames

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »
Hi

Yes I have tried this - DX 7 V actually extracts the sysex file into patches that are then kept in these folders - putting the sysex files in themselves doesn't register, so it would have to be pre-extracted by a utility and then put into the preset folders. Hoping DX 7 V could look at making this process easier by just selecting a bunch of files and extracting those patches to the applicable folders.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:22:36 pm »
So you are talking about sysex bankfiles and not individual preset sysex files?

Have you seen this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95667.0#msg166544

JustJames

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 12:38:45 pm »
Thanks for the link - I imagine chewing on that list of presents for a couple of years  ;D

But to answer your question - Sysex (Bank) and contained presets inside the Sysex Bank is the distinction I make - having DX 7 V capable of selecting multiple Bank / Sysex files at a time and then extracting the Systex presets (inside the bank) would be really great.

From the link I can see that someone has spent weeks extract everything there is to find on the web - so I will try and work through that content.

Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines